See what MFA Members are doing in other locations to make the world more creative. MFA is highlighting Members’ event and exhibitions on our Blog so the world can follow us. Subscribe to the blog by entering your email in the right sidebar. Check back on a weekly basis for new exciting art events
MFA Members Patrice Drago and Ruth Connell
Patrice and Ruth both have solo exhibitions at Maryland Hall for the Creative Arts. Opening reception is tonight, Wednesday March 11 from 6:30 – 8pm.
Patrice’s exhibit, “Balanced Distraction”, will be showing through April 11 at Maryland Hall in the Martino Gallery.
Ruth’s exhibition, “Inside + Outside”, is currently exhibiting through April 11 at Maryland Hall in the Balcony Gallery. A Gallery Talk will be held on April 8 at 5:30 pm in which the artist and architect will discuss The Art of the Studio:
MFA Member Jay Peterzell
The April exhibition at the Foundry Gallery is “The Painted Word: 1 + 1 = 5”. It will be showing April 1-26 with a reception on April 3 from 6-8 pm.
MFA Member Steve Ember
Steve has written a post on his blog introducing his three pieces featured in the current MFA exhibition “Focal Point”. The post can be found here.
MFA Member Wil Scott
Wil’s piece “Nevermore” has been accepted into the exhibition “Black and White: The Living Tradition” at the PH21 Gallery in budapest, Hungary. The exhibit runs from March 12- April 1.
MFA Member Rick Casali
Some classes that Rick will be teaching:
The Features in Terracotta – 3 Day Weekend Workshop New!
Fri, Sat Sun 9am-4pm
MFA Member Desiree Scherini
Scherini continues to teach both oil and watercolor painting weekly at the Annapolis Senior Center through the Anne Arundel Community College. Scherini has over 20 pieces on exhibit at Gallery 333 (Dubois Rd, Annapolis) at the Unitarian Universalist Church into March. open 10 to 3 Mon thru Thurs and 10 to 12 on Sundays. She has 5 plein air pieces on exhibit at the Chadd’s Ford Historical Society 1736 Creek Rd, Chadds Ford, PA 19317 through March 2015. There will be a lecture by the author of the book “100 plein-air painters of the Mid-Atlantic”, Gary Pendleton, on Tuesday March 10th. for more information call 410-388-7376 or visit www.chaddsfordhistory.com.
MFA Member April Rimpo
April Rimpo is participating in the following art events:
· March 7 – 29 – 46th Annual LAG Open Exhibition at the Montpelier Arts Center at Rt. 197 and Muirkirk Road, Laurel, MD – Painting “The Vendor”
· March 10 – April 9 – Watercolor Art Society-Houston 38th International Exhibition in Houston, Texas – Painting “More Beautiful with Age”
· March 28 from 6-10 PM – Howard County Arts Council’s Celebration of the Arts – Art Silent Auction – held at the Peter and Elizabeth Horowitz Visual and Performing Arts Center at Howard Community College – Fused Glass Bowls
· April 3 – May 2, 2015 – Watercolor Missouri International exhibition in St Louis, Missouri. – Painting “City Reflections II”
· April 18 – May 8,2015 – Louisiana Watercolor Society’s 45th International Exhibition in New Orleans, LA – Painting “Shipping Port”
MFA Member Richard Weiblinger
Richard is participating in the following exhibitions:
- Richard’s work has ten selected as a finalist for the 2015 Fine Art Photography Exhibit held at Artspace Herndon until March 22.
- Several pieces have been selected for the “My Little Town” exhibition at the Photoworks Gallery until April 12. The gallery is in Washington D.C.
- Richard Paul Weiblinger was selected to have two of his pieces included in “The Guild: A Celebration of Artistic Expression”; a juried invitational Exhibition at the Maryland State House; Maryland House of Delegates, Lowe House Office Building, Annapolis, MD January 14 thru April 13, 2015.
- a solo invitational Exhibition of twenty of his images at the Washington Artworks Gallery in Rockville, MD January 16 thru March 16, 2015.
Hill Center Galleries
They are hosting a regional art exhibition. Artists may only be from District of Columbia, Maryland, Virginia, and Delaware. The deadline for submission is April 24, 2015.
Annapolis Custom Gifts
They are searching for small works artists. More info can be found on their website here.
The Potter’s Guild of Annapolis
There is still room in the workshop beginning March 21.
Spring Color Show
AACC National Show
Anne Arundel Community College Printmaking Club
NATIONAL JURIED SHOW Pascal Art Gallery “Variations and Variables” Printmaking processes inherently investigate variations and variables. This show seeks handpulled prints where these processes occur. Juror Jonathan Thomas, Chair of Printmaking Maryland Institute College of Art Baltimore, Maryland. Deadline: March 13
for more information firstname.lastname@example.org
Art Outside, a free one-day arts festival, will take place on Sunday, May 17, 2015 around the Druid Hill Reservoir. The juried invitational art show will feature Maryland artists exhibiting and selling their art, performing arts, strolling entertainment, a Kid’s Art Adventure area, some of Baltimore’s best food trucks, and more! For more information,http://artoutsidemd.org/
The Trawick Prize: Bethesda Contemporary Art Awards
Deadline: April 7. Requirements: Each artist must submit five images, application and a non-refundable entry fee of $25. Eligibility: Artists must be 18 years of age or older and permanent, full-time residents of Maryland, Virginia or Washington, D.C. Awards: Best in Show: $10,000. Second Place: $2,000. Third Place: $1,000. Young Artist: $1,000
Waverly Street Opportunity The Waverly Street Gallery, a cooperative gallery in downtown Bethesda since 1993, is accepting applications for membership from artists in various media. For information and instructions on how to apply, please visit WaverlyStreetGallery.com or www.waverlystreetgallery.com/membership.htm. A gallery committee will interview prospective members in March.
Art @ the Park 2015 , the 25th annual Friends of Quiet Waters Park arts festival, will take place at Quiet Waters Park in Annapolis, MD Oct. 17-18, 2015 from 10am-5pm each day. Applications for this juried exhibition are NOW OPEN and CLOSE Saturday April 4, 2015 (late application through 4/11 with $10 late fee.) Apply online at Juried Art Services (under Art@the Park 2015 – Quiet Waters Park). The application fee is $25. Booth prices range from $100-$200. For more information: email@example.com.
Mount Gretna Outdoor Art Show is looking for 260 fine artists and craft persons for the Pennsylvania event for the weekend of August 15 and 16th. The jury fee is $25 and booth fees range from $360-$720. There are $2500 in cash awards and the deadline for submission is April 1, 2015. For more info on submission click here. For the full prospectus, click here.
Are you an MFA artist member? Promote yourself! If you have exhibits or events you’d like to share with our members and blog readership, email the what, when, and where of your event, and an image to: firstname.lastname@example.org.