MFA is using our blog to let the world know about our members and the art they create.
Me & MY ART MONDAYS “Me & My Art” is a Monday MFA blog post that introduces individual MFA artist members to our entire blog readership. If you are a current MFA member, this is an opportunity to share a little bit about yourself, your art, and your connection to MFA. The blog post is edited by Patrice Drago – author of The Gallery column that appears each month in The Capital, Annapolis’s daily newspaper.
- To be featured, all you have to do is answer the following questions in about 350 words
- Send a picture of you, and a picture of your art, or one picture of you with your art – please be sure we can see your face so people can recognize you!
- Send both to firstname.lastname@example.org. Patrice will edit and post depending on content, medium and relevance to current MFA exhibitions.
Here is your assignment!
1. ME: Tell us about YOU. This is the conversation that takes place when you first meet someone and they ask: So, where do you live? When did you start (painting, sculpting, etc). If you have another job, what is your background? Do you have your own studio?
2. MY ART: Describe your art, your process, your inspiration. This is like a short version of your artist statement – people want to know about your work. What’s your medium? Where do you find inspiration? Include your website address if you have one; or a link to a gallery page or exhibit where your work is displayed.
3. MFA and Me: Please include the year you joined MFA. Then write a few sentences about what does MFA means to you. How do you participate with MFA? What experiences have you had?
MFA MEMBER NEWS is moving to the MFA Blog.
Have an art event/opening coming up you want to be featured in the Member News Blog? Submit the following to email@example.com: 1. Subject email “for the Memo” (Please make sure the email is ONLY about your exhibition – sometimes the information gets lost). 2. Include brief information with your name, the type of exhibition, kind of work you will be showing, show dates/reception dates and show location address. 3. Make sure to include any pertinent website links, your own website link, or RSVP/contact information. 4. We cannot guarantee that information sent in any other manner (postcards, preformatted emails announcements etc.) will be included.