Focal Point: Fine Art and Creative Photography
Image from Focal Point 2014: Tug Composition II by Wendy Schneider
Following exhibition guidelines, any original 2-D or 3-D work created in any form of photography, other than video, will be considered. Works selected will be on exhibit at MFA’s Circle Gallery, 18 State Circle, Annapolis, Maryland from February 26 to March 28, 2015. Exhibiting concurrently is the juried work of the Chesapeake Woodturners. The exhibition chair is John Coder. Juror is Diana Bolz, arts editor of Moment magazine, former arts editor Smithsonian magazine. Entry deadline is January 2nd.
Art on Paper
Image from Art on Paper 2014: Spindles by Richard S. Buswell
Any original 2-D or 3-D work created on or of paper, including collage, artist book, origami, printmaking, painting, sculpture, and more, will be considered. Works selected will be on exhibit in the MFA Circle Gallery, 18 State Circle, Annapolis, Maryland from April 2 to May 3, 2015. The exhibition chair is Carole Falk. Juror is Michael O’Sullivan, Staff Writer and Art Critic for The Washington Post. Entry deadline is January 22nd.
For details on entry guidelines and terms of entry for both exhibitions simply follow this link and click on Focal Point or Strokes of Genius under “Exhibition Opportunities.”
Go to our website for details on how to enter by uploading a JPEG to our online entry system.
- Selection: 1. Selections for exhibition are made by the juror from JPEG images. 2. Final acceptance is made by juror from delivered work. 3. Juror designates awards.
- Entries: Maximum size of entries, including frames, cannot exceed 72″ in any direction.
- All work must be visibly signed by artist (front or back) and include edition numbers (1/1, 2/50, e.g.) Works must be priced for sale or marked P.O.R. (price on request). Works previously exhibited in the Circle Gallery are not eligible.
- Submit one JPEG image per piece entered and detail image as allowed. The image file should be no greater than 2.0 MB with the recommended pixel dimension of 2000 pixels.
- Entry Fees: A maximum of 6 original works created within the past 3 years may be entered. 1 or 2 entries $35 (MFA Members $20).
Additional four entries $5 each. Entry fees are non-refundable. Membership may be processed during entry.