Focal Point: Fine Art and Creative Photography
Image from Focal Point 2014
Go to www.mdfedart.org for details on how to enter Focal Point by uploading a JPEG to our online entry system.
- Selection: 1. Selections for exhibition are made by the juror from JPEG images. 2. Final acceptence is made by juror from delivered work. 3. Juror designates awards.
- Entries: Maximum size of entries, including frames, cannot exceed 72″ in any direction.
- All work must be visibly signed by artist (front or back) and include edition numbers (1/1, 2/50, e.g.) Works must be priced for sale or marked P.O.R. (price on request). Works previously exhibited in the Circle Gallery are not eligible.
- Submit one JPEG image per piece entered and detail image as allowed. The image file should be no greater than 2.0 MB with the recommended pixel dimension of 2000 pixels.
- Entry Fees: A maximum of 6 original works created within the past 3 years may be entered. 1 or 2 entries $35 (MFA Members $20).
Additional four entries $5 each. Entry fees are non-refundable. Membership may be processed during entry.
Award categories considered by the juror. Work must have originated by digital or film images shot by the artist.
- Black and White
- Creative (includes manipulation, mixed media, 3-D)
- Measure to ensure work meets any size limitations before delivery, including outer edges of frames. Work not in compliance will not be exhibited.
- Attach label to back with name, title, medium, and price.
- No clipped frames or taped edges will be accepted. Work must be presented in a manner appropriate to the artwork. Works requiring a barrier must use Plexiglass on all shipped work.
- Unless a bar-coded return label is included with shipped work or we have your credit card number on file, we’ll be unable to install your work. Contact shipper online to download label or purchase at time of shipping. No hand-written return forms allowed. Do not send by USPS. We prefer UPS but accept FedEx. No shipping peanuts allowed.
- Please affix any packing/repacking instructions to outside of shipping box.
- Work arriving late may not be installed. To be considered for award, work must meet delivery and exhibit guidelines.