Introducing Mind Mapping
Mind Mapping will evoke thoughts of visually representing complex ideas, conceptual and abstract artworks, diverse artistic perspectives, interactivity, psychological exploration, spatial arrangement mirroring mind map structures, use of multimedia, and intellectual engagement with the depth of thoughts. All original 2D or 3D artwork that followed the guidelines below were eligible for Maryland Federation of Art’s (MFA) online show. Entry was open to all artists residing internationally. Works selected by the juror will be on display in MFA’s online gallery, Curve Gallery, from April 15 – May 31, 2024.
Juror: Lisa Murphy: Artist | Educator | Activist
Lisa Grand Murphy is a local artist, teacher, writer, and photographer, practicing and teaching in the Washington Metropolitan Area. A University of Maryland graduate with a Master of Arts in Communications, Ms. Murphy creates bold paintings and prints, layered and infused with meaning. Her work has been exhibited in both private and public galleries, including “What is Ours?” a National Juried Exhibition at Sandy Spring Art Museum, and “Shifting Earth,” an exhibition of her large-scale reduction lino prints at Via Umbria Gallery in Washington, D.C. She has taught art classes throughout the Washington Area including at the World Bank, Strathmore Museum of Art, Glen Echo Park Arts Center, Fox Hill Senior Living, and Montgomery County Public Schools. Most recently, she was invited by the Womens’ Caucus for Art to serve as the Juror for “PIVOTAL: An Exploration of Art and Activism,” a National Juried Exhibition held at the Montpelier Arts Center in Laurel, Maryland. Ms. Murphy serves on the advisory board of Photoworks in Glen Echo Park, MD, and lives with her family in Bethesda, Maryland.
Terms of Entry
- Entry is open to all artists internationally. Please refer to the complete U.S. Foreign Policy Compliance Statement on our website.
- Entering this exhibition indicates understanding and agreement on the part of the artist with the conditions stated herein and with (a) MFA’s approved Statement of Equity and Diversity and (b) MFA’s General Guidelines. MFA may determine work ineligible if entry guidelines are not followed.
- Images of accepted works may be used at the sole discretion of MFA for promotional purposes including, but not limited to: the invitation, catalog, website, social media, or a subsequent year’s prospectus. Images will include attribution wherever possible.
- Work cannot be withdrawn before the end of the event.
- MFA shall not be liable for any special or consequential damages that result from the use of, or inability to use MFA’s online exhibition gallery.
- Cash awards total $500.
- All work must be uploaded through artcall.org. File size may be no more than 10 MB. Images for the juror must correspond with the actual work. MFA does not display watermarks; artists display them at their own risk.
- All entries must be original and completed solely by the artist’s hand. A maximum of 6 original works created within the past 3 years may be entered. Work previously exhibited at MFA Circle Gallery is not eligible for re-entry.
1 or 2 entries $45 (MFA Members $30). Up to 4 additional entries are $6.75 each (MFA Members $4.50). Entry fees are non-refundable.
- All entries must be original and completed solely by the artist’s hand. A maximum of 6 original works created within the past 3 years may be entered. If artwork is part of a limited edition, please state the total number in the edition.
- Work previously exhibited at MFA Curve Gallery is not eligible for re-entry.
- There is no size limit for online exhibitions.
- MFA’s Online Sales Gallery is provided to North American artists to sell their work. Only artists in the 48 contiguous United States may set a price. MFA will reimburse up to $35 in shipping costs to those artists for online sales shipments if a receipt is provided. All other artists must enter Price on Request (POR) and purchase inquiries will be referred by MFA to the artist.
- Artists will retain 80% from sales (85% for MFA Members). MFA will retain 20% commission (15% for MFA Members) on any work sold through MFA. Artists will be responsible for fulfillment of sales.
- Work must be for sale. Work may be set to Price on Request (POR).
- Dec 13 Online Entry Opens for Submissions
- Feb 7 Entry Deadline
- Mar 12 Notification @ 5 PM
- Apr 15 Exhibition Opens Online
- May 1 Awards Announced @ 5 PM
- May 31 Last Day of Online Exhibition
All artists will receive notification by email. Artists who have unsubscribed from MFA’s emails will not receive notification. Accepted artists and artwork will also be posted on MFA’s website.
The notice to accepted artists will include specific details and may vary from the prospectus.
Please set your email account to recognize email@example.com.