SEASONAL MEMBER SHOWS
All artist members from North America are invited to submit work for member exhibits. Global members are only eligible for online only exhibitions at this time.
MFA hosts three juried member exhibitions each year (Winter Member Show, Spring Member Show and Fall Member Show) as well as Mid Summer Madness – an all-hang member exhibition.
From time to time, the MFA will make available space either in Circle Gallery or in an alternate location for non-juried exhibitions of member work. Details for each exhibition may vary. Information regarding the different non-juried exhibition opportunities will be distributed to the membership as appropriate in the weekly Member Memo.
TO ENTER A JURIED MEMBER SHOW:
- Members may submit up to three pieces of artwork for consideration by the juror. The pieces must be brought to the Circle Gallery on drop-off dates, usually a Saturday and Sunday.
- There is an exhibit fee of $15 for 1 piece, $20 for 2 pieces, and $25 for three pieces of artwork payable when you sign in your work.
- Artwork must be presented in a manner appropriate to the artwork and be labeled for identification (see Exhibit Guidelines).
- Artists will be advised on when to check back with the gallery volunteers/staff to find out if their artwork has been selected and/or when it must be picked up.
- If your work is accepted for a member exhibit, you will be asked to contribute food for the opening reception.
- The MFA will retain 30% from all sales. Sale of artwork is taxable and all sales tax processing will be handled by the MFA. Sold artwork requiring shipment will be handled by the MFA with costs collected from buyer. The MFA requests but cannot require that artists donate 20% from any sale made through a direct referral from the MFA within three months.
- When the exhibit ends, you may pick up your work no earlier than 3:00 pm on the closing day of the exhibit. You must pick up your work within 48 hours of the closing day of the exhibit or notify the gallery if you will be late.
- Unless previous arrangements have been made, work placed in storage after announced pickup dates will be subject to a fine of $10.00 per piece per week. Work left in storage longer than two (2) weeks shall become MFA property and may be disposed of or used for fundraising purposes. There are no exceptions.