Introducing Lowe House
Maryland Federation of Art (MFA) has been invited to exhibit artwork at the Lowe House Building in Annapolis, MD, the office building for the Maryland State Delegates. Entry is open to MFA Members or artists residing in Anne Arundel County. Original 2D work created through any media and following entry guidelines are eligible for entry. Works selected by the Juror will be exhibited at the Lowe House of Delegates Office Building (6 Bladen Street, Annapolis, MD, 21401) from January 10 – April 8, 2024.
Juror: Dawn Bond: Professor of Visual Arts at Anne Arundel Community College
I was born and raised in the Midwest, I grew up fascinated by the role of an artist as a unique and vital voice. Printmaking and graphic design shaped my early art making that eventually led to painting and time-based media. After earning my Master of Fine Arts in Inter-Related Media from Towson University, I embarked on a teaching career. I have taught at Anne Arundel Community College the past 18 years. Engaging students in critical art making is the highlight of what I consider to be advocacy work, deliberate in equity practices within an open enrollment system. I relish supporting student learning and facilitating their art experiences semester to semester. I find these interactions meaningful and opportunities for me to extend myself and my art practices.
I am honored to jury the Lowe House Exhibition. I look forward to seeing what community artists are producing, from their interests, techniques, and form to presentation. It’s sure to be engaging!
Terms of Entry
- Entry is open to artists who are either MFA Members or residing in Anne Arundel County.
- Entering this exhibition indicates understanding and agreement on the part of the artist with the conditions stated herein and with (a) MFA’s approved Statement of Equity and Diversity and (b) MFA’s General Guidelines. Work must meet exhibition guidelines to be included in the event. MFA may determine work ineligible if entry guidelines are not followed. Work delivered must correspond with the image(s) submitted to the juror.
- Images of accepted works may be used at the sole discretion of MFA for promotional purposes including, but not limited to: the invitation, catalog, website, social media, or a subsequent year’s prospectus. Images will include attribution wherever possible.
- Work cannot be withdrawn before the end of the event.
- Artwork will be handled with all possible care. MFA will not be responsible or liable for loss or damage from any cause whatsoever. Insurance, if desired, must be carried by the artist.
- Cash awards total $500
- All work must be entered by uploading JPEG images through MFA’s online entry system. Set pixel dimension to between 1,500 and 3,000 pixels on the longest side. File size may be no more than 5 MB.
- To enter online, you will need an MFA account that includes an email address and a password. There is no charge to create an MFA account.
1 or 2 entries $40 ($25 for MFA Members). Additional 4 entries $5 each. Entry fees are non-refundable.
- Images for the juror must correspond with the actual work.
- All entries must be original and completed solely by the artist’s hand. A maximum of 6 original works created within the past 3 years may be entered.
- Work previously exhibited at the Lowe House Office Building is not eligible for re-entry.
- Maximum size of work, including edges of artwork or frame, cannot exceed 30” in height and 24” in width.
- Artists will retain 70% from sales (75% for MFA Members). MFA will retain 30% commission on any work sold through MFA (25% for MFA Members at the time of the sale).
- Work must be for sale. Work may be set to Price on Request (POR).
- Sept 13 Online Entry Opens for Submissions
- Oct 25 Entry Deadline
- Nov 28 Notification @ 5 PM
- Jan 2 – 7 Accepted and Shipped Work Must Arrive at MFA Circle Gallery
- Jan 10 Exhibition Opens
- Jan 28 Virtual Awards Ceremony from 4 – 5 PM via Zoom
- Apr 8 Last Day of the Exhibition
- Apr 9 – 11 Pick-up Hand-Delivered Work from 11 AM – 4 PM
- Apr 17 Shipped Work Will Be Sent
NOTE: Should the exhibition space be closed for reasons beyond our control, MFA reserves the right to move a planned physical exhibit to our online gallery.
All artists will receive notification by email. Accepted artists and artwork will also be posted on MFA’s website. Artists who have unsubscribed from MFA’s emails will not receive notification.
The notice to accepted artists will include specific details and may vary from the prospectus.
Please set your email account to recognize firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com.