Welcome to MFA
Thank you for your support of Maryland Federation of Art who with your help keeps ART a PART of the community! MFA is a nonprofit arts organization whose mission is to create meaningful connections in the community through art.
We are building connections to further promote our member artists’ work here in Annapolis, around Maryland, and all across the world . We have expanded our exclusive membership benefits to include exhibition opportunities around the state as well as new locations in Annapolis to increase visibility in our vibrant and growing art community. Being a part of MFA is a valuable part of building a successful career as an artist.
MFA appreciates every member and works to give artists and their art a stronger voice and richer involvement in our communities. We also welcomes art enthusiast members who want to be a member of a rich, diverse art community. Basic membership for artists and art enthusiasts begins at $70 ($25 for current students).
In addition to our four juried member-only shows and discounts on entry fees for over ten nationally juried shows and six international shows, there are many reasons to join MFA.
MFA has been active in seeking out locations to showcase member art.
- Only current members may take advantage of member exhibitions in Circle Gallery as well as off-site exhibitions such as Gallery B in Bethesda and local Annapolis businesses such as Paul’s Homewood Cafe.
- Only current members can showcase their work in a custom Member Gallery which gives artists their own webpage with just their work.
- Only current members can keep up with gallery happenings and showcase their exhibits outside of Circle Gallery in the Member Memo emailed each Wednesday and receive preference for being showcased on our social media accounts.
- Only current members can be featured on our blog for Member News and sharing their Artist’s Opportunities and have preference on MFA’s social media and email promotions which reach thousands of collectors and art enthusiasts in the Mid-Atlatic and beyond.
Current membership has grown to over 700, bringing together artists and art enthusiasts in our community, nationally, and internationally. Along with normal membership, MFA offers a Global Membership option for artists outside of North America. Global Members will receive discounts on entry fees to our online juried exhibitions and are eligible for solo exhibitions with MFA’s partners, as well as our online benefits like member portfolios and galleries.
MFA also hosts exhibitions at locations all around Maryland. Our venues include:
- Circle Gallery @ 18 State Circle, Annapolis, MD 21401
- Annapolis Maritime Museum @ 723 Second Street, Annapolis, MD 21403
- Hospice Gallery 90 @ 90 Ritchie Highway, Pasadena, MD 21122
- Gallery B @ 7700 Old Georgetown Road, Bethesda, MD 20814
- Paul’s Homewood Cafe @ 919 West St, Annapolis, MD 21401
- The Art Gallery at College Park @ 1202 Art-Sociology Building, University of Maryland, College Park, MD 20742
- Calvert Marine Museum @ 14200 Solomons Island Rd. S, Solomons, MD 20688
- Maryland Hall for the Creative Arts @ 801 Chase Street, Annapolis MD 21401
- Gallery 564 @ 564 Baltimore Annapolis Blvd, Severna Park, MD 21146
- Art League of Ocean City @ 502 94th St, Ocean City, MD 21842
- Waverly Street Gallery @ 4600 East-West Hwy #102, Bethesda, MD 20814
- Lowe House of Delegates Building @ 6 Bladen St, Annapolis, MD 21401