Peter Treiber, Flame Cutting, Press Forge #2, Photography
Considering entering the exhibition?
Entry Deadline is March 14Online Entry System
Introducing Working for a Living:
Work can crush us. Work can provide a sense of purpose and accomplishment. For some, work is an all-consuming passion. For others, it is drudgery necessary for survival. Maryland Federation of Art (MFA) seeks artists in any medium who capture any aspect of what “work” means to them, including their own working practices or those of fellow artists. Most of all, MFA seeks images of the emotional impact of work, in every possible way, on the worker. The selected images will be on view in the online Curve Gallery from April 15 – May 31, 2018.
Juror: Ben Marcin
Ben Marcin, Born in Augsburg, Germany. Many of his photographic essays explore the idea of home and the passing of time. “Last House Standing” and, “The Camps”, have received wide press both nationally and abroad (The Paris Review, iGnant, La Repubblica, Slate, Wired Magazine). More recently, Marcin has been exploring the myriad structures of the urban core in series like Towers, Street, Stairwells and Museums. His photographs have been shown at a number of national galleries and venues including the Baltimore Museum of Art; the Delaware Art Museum; The Griffin Museum of Photography in Winchester, MA; The Center for Fine Art Photography in Ft. Collins, CO; The Photographic Resource Center in Boston; and the Houston Center for Photography. His work is also in several important collections including the Baltimore Museum of Art. He is currently represented by the C. Grimaldis Gallery in Baltimore.
All entrants will receive notice by email. The notice to accepted artists will include specific details and could vary from prospectus. A list of accepted artists and artwork will also be posted on MFA’s website. Please set your email account to recognize this address: email@example.com. Contact gallery if you do not receive notice.
Terms of Entry
All entries must adhere to MFA general guidelines as well as the terms of entry specific to the exhibit as listed below.
When entering the exhibition you will be asked to accept the Terms of Entry. Any entry that does not follow Terms of Entry and General Guidelines will be subject to rejection regardless of the Juror’s decision.
- A maximum of 6 original works created within the past 3 years may be entered.
- Works previously exhibited in a juried show on Curve Gallery are not eligible.
- Works may not exceed 72 inches in width, height or depth, including the frame, unless otherwise specified for a particular exhibit.
- FA Online Exhibitions are for viewing only. MFA will refer any sales inquiries to the artist. MFA receives no commission for sales resulting from these exhibitions.
Cash awards total $500. Award contributors and recipients will be listed in the exhibition catalog.
Entries and Submission Fees
- Entries must be submitted online.
- Entry fees are $35 (MFA members, $20) for one or two entries and $5 each for up to four additional entries. Entry fees are non-refundable.
- To enter online, you will need an MFA account that includes an email address and a password. There is no charge to create an MFA account.
- Submit one JPEG image per piece entered, or as allowed. To provide the best image for juror set pixel dimension to around 2000 pixels on the longest side. File size may be no more than 2 MB.
- Images of accepted works may be used at the sole discretion of MFA for promotional purposes including but not limited to the invitation, catalog, web site or on a subsequent year’s prospectus. Image will include attribution whenever possible.
Jan. 11 Online entry open for submissions
March 14 Deadline for entries
By April 11 All entrants are notified by email and online posting
April 15 – May 31 Online gallery is opening for viewing