PUSSY HAT, giclee print of digital art, by Brooke Jana from Focal Point 2018
Deadline for entry was May 7th. Notification will be made on June 5th.
Juror: Lynn Russell, National Gallery of Art
Lynn Russell completed her Ph.D. coursework in art history at the University of Delaware with a specialty in Northern Baroque Painting. Today she is head of the education division at the National Gallery of Art in Washington. She believes that one of the main issues we’re facing now and into the future, both as education departments and museums, is how to advance the public value and potential social impact of our institutions. The more we talk with one another and our audiences, the more effectively positioned we will be to make success of our work. Focusing on the needs of visitors, how can we help create a memorable learning experience for them? Museums are places for conversations. We need to encourage them.
Terms of Entry
All entries must adhere to MFA general guidelines as well as the terms of entry specific to the exhibit as listed below. When entering the exhibition you will be asked to accept the Terms of Entry. Any entry that does not follow Terms of Entry and General Guidelines will be subject to rejection regardless of the Juror’s decision.
- A maximum of 6 original works created within the past 3 years may be entered.
- Works previously exhibited in a juried show on Curve Gallery are not eligible.
- Works may not exceed 72 inches in width, height or depth, including the frame, unless otherwise specified for a particular exhibit.
- FA Online Exhibitions are for viewing only. MFA will refer any sales inquiries to the artist. MFA receives no commission for sales resulting from these exhibitions.
Cash awards total $500. Award contributors and recipients will be listed in the exhibition catalog.
Entries and Submission Fees
- Entries must be submitted online.
- Entry fees are $35 (MFA members, $20) for one or two entries and $5 each for up to four additional entries. Entry fees are non-refundable.
- To enter online, you will need an MFA account that includes an email address and a password. There is no charge to create an MFA account.
- Submit one JPEG image per piece entered, or as allowed. To provide the best image for juror set pixel dimension to around 2000 pixels on the longest side. File size may be no more than 2 MB.
- Images of accepted works may be used at the sole discretion of MFA for promotional purposes including but not limited to the invitation, catalog, web site or on a subsequent year’s prospectus. Image will include attribution whenever possible.
Mar. 7 Online entry open for submissions.
May 7 Deadline for entries.
By June 5 All entrants are notified by email and online posting.
June 20 – July 31 Online gallery is opening for viewing.
All entrants will receive notice by email. The notice to accepted artists will include specific details and could vary from prospectus. A list of accepted artists and artwork will also be posted on MFA’s website. Please set your email account to recognize this address: email@example.com. Contact gallery if you do not receive notice.