Introducing Visual Harmony: Visual Art Interprets Performing Art
MFA is partnering with Maryland Hall for the Creative Arts to bring this exciting juried exhibition to Annapolis.
From Degas to Pollack, visual artists have both represented and been motivated by the performing arts. Whether depicting dancers, listening to jazz while painting, or creating sets or costumes for a play – all arts influence one another. MFA and Maryland Hall for the Creative Arts are partnering on an exhibition to celebrate the overlap between visual and performing art. Together, MFA and MHCA invite all artists residing in the United States, Canada, and Mexico to enter Visual Harmony. Any 2-D or 3-D work depicting, representing, or inspired by performing arts will be considered by juror Yumi Hogan.
Juror: Yumi Hogan, Maryland Institute College of Art.
Terms of Entry
All entries must adhere to MFA general guidelines as well as the terms of entry specific to the exhibit as listed below.
When entering the exhibition you will be asked to accept the Terms of Entry. Any entry that does not follow Terms of Entry and General Guidelines will be subject to rejection regardless of the Juror’s decision.
- A maximum of 6 original works created within the past 3 years may be entered.
- Works may not exceed 72 inches in width, height or depth, including the frame, unless otherwise specified for a particular exhibit.
- All work must be visibly signed by artist (front or back) and include edition numbers (1/1, 2/50, e.g.) for hand-pulled prints. Works must be priced for sale or marked POR (price on request).
Cash awards total $1000. Award contributors and recipients will be listed in the exhibition catalog.
Entries and Submission Fees
- Entries must be submitted online.
- Entry fees are $40 (MFA members, $25) for one or two entries and $5 each for up to four additional entries. Entry fees are non-refundable.
- To enter online, you will need an MFA account that includes an email address and a password. There is no charge to create an MFA account.
- Submit one JPEG image per piece entered, or as allowed. To provide the best image for juror set pixel dimension to around 2000 pixels on the longest side. File size may be no more than 2 MB.
- Images of accepted works may be used at the sole discretion of MFA for promotional purposes including but not limited to the invitation, catalog, web site or on a subsequent year’s prospectus. Image will include attribution whenever possible.
Sept 15 Online entry open for submissions
Nov 10 Deadline for entries
Dec 7 All entrants are notified by email and online posting
Jan 2-4 Shipped and hand-delivered work must arrive at Circle Gallery, 18 State Circle, Annapolis, MD 21401
Jan 10 First day of exhibition
Jan 17 Reception TBA
Mar 3 12-4pm pick up
Mar 5 Shipped work will be sent
All entrants will receive notice by email. The notice to accepted artists will include specific details and could vary from prospectus. A list of accepted artists and artwork will also be posted on MFA’s website. Please set your email account to recognize this address: email@example.com. Contact gallery if you do not receive notice.