“Whole In” by Chris Taylor Small Wonders 2019
Introducing Small Wonders:
MFA (Maryland Federation of Art) invites all artists residing in the United States, Puerto Rico, Canada and Mexico to enter its 14th annual Small Wonders competition. Any original 2-D work 11″ by 11″ or smaller and 3-D work 11″ by 11″ by 11″ or smaller is eligible for entry. Works selected will be on exhibit in MFA’s Circle Gallery at 18 State Circle, Annapolis, Maryland from December 1-23, 2018. Chair; Nichole Leavy.
Juror: Linda Crocker Simmons
Soon to Come
Soon to Come
*Award contributors and recipients will also be listed in the exhibition catalog.
Terms of Entry
All entries must adhere to MFA general guidelines as well as the terms of entry specific to the exhibit as listed below. When entering the exhibition you will be asked to accept the Terms of Entry. Any entry that does not follow Terms of Entry and General Guidelines will be subject to rejection regardless of the Juror’s decision.
- A maximum of 6 original works created within the past 3 years may be entered.
- Works previously exhibited in a juried show at Circle Gallery are not eligible.
- Works may not exceed 11 inches in width, height or depth, including the frame, unless otherwise specified for a particular exhibit.
Cash awards total $1,000. Award contributors and recipients will be listed in the exhibition catalog.
Entries and Submission Fees
- Entries must be submitted online.
- Entry fees are $40 (MFA members, $25) for one or two entries and $5 each for additional entries. Entry fees are non-refundable.
- To enter online, you will need an MFA account that includes an email address and a password. There is no charge to create an MFA account.
- Submit one JPEG image per piece entered, or as allowed. To provide the best image for juror set pixel dimension to around 2000 pixels on the longest side. File size may be no more than 2 MB.
- Images of accepted works may be used at the sole discretion of MFA for promotional purposes including but not limited to the invitation, catalog, web site or on a subsequent year’s prospectus. Image will include attribution whenever possible.
Sept. 25 Deadline for entries.
Oct. 11 All entrants notified by email. Check MFA website or contact MFA if you do not receive notice.
Nov. 23-28 Shipped work must arrive at MFA’s Circle Gallery, 18 State Circle, Annapolis MD 21401. Work can be dropped off as early as the 23rd. Please read the information in the Prospectus on how to ship your piece.
Dec. 4 First day of exhibition.
Dec. 6 Reception, 3-5 p.m. Awards presented at 4:00 p.m.
Dec. 29 Last day of exhibition.
Dec. 30-31 Pick up artwork, 11 a.m.-5 p.m. (no early pick up for any reason) There is a $10 fee for any late pick up.
By Jan. 2 Shipped work will be sent.
All entrants will receive notice by email. The notice to accepted artists will include specific details and could vary from prospectus. A list of accepted artists and artwork will also be posted on MFA’s website. Please set your email account to recognize this address: firstname.lastname@example.org. Contact gallery if you do not receive notice.