Man & Broom in a Nor’easter, photograph, by Julie O”Connor
Introducing MFA @ Ocean City:
MFA (Maryland Federation of Art) invites all member artists residing in the United States, Puerto Rico, Canada, and Mexico to enter its first MFA @ Ocean City competition. Following entry guidelines, any original 2-D or 3-D work will be considered. The selected works will be on exhibit at Thaler Gallery from September 2 – 29, 2019. Selected artists will retain 65 percent of all sales. Exhibition Chair: Dean Peterson
Juror: Elizabeth Kauffman, Assistant Professor of Art & Director of Galleries, Salisbury University
Terms of Entry
All entries must adhere to MFA general guidelines as well as the terms of entry specific to the exhibit as listed below. When entering the exhibition you will be asked to accept the Terms of Entry. Any entry that does not follow Terms of Entry and General Guidelines will be subject to rejection regardless of the Juror’s decision.
- A maximum of 6 original works created within the past 3 years may be entered.
- Works previously exhibited in a juried show at Thaler Gallery are not eligible.
- Works may not exceed 36 inches in width, height or depth, including the frame unless otherwise specified for a particular exhibit.
Cash awards total $500. Award contributors and recipients will be listed in the exhibition catalog.
Entries and Submission Fees
- Entries must be submitted online.
- Entry fees are $95 (MFA members, $25) for one or two entries and $5 each for additional entries. Entry fees are non-refundable.
- To enter online, you will need an MFA account that includes an email address and a password. There is no charge to create an MFA account.
- Submit one JPEG image per piece entered, or as allowed. To provide the best image for juror set pixel dimension to around 2000 pixels on the longest side. File size may be no more than 2 MB.
- Images of accepted works may be used at the sole discretion of MFA for promotional purposes including but not limited to the invitation, catalog, web site or on a subsequent year’s prospectus. Image will include attribution whenever possible.
May 9 Online entry open for submissions.
July 9 Deadline for entries.
Aug 6 All entrants notified by email. Check MFA website or contact MFA if you do not receive notice.
August 27-31 Shipped work must arrive at Thaler Gallery. Artists may drop off work at Circle Gallery but there will be a $20 transportation fee. Please read the information in the Prospectus on how to ship your piece.
Sep. 2 First day of exhibition.
Sept. 6 Reception, 3-5 p.m. Awards presented at 4:00 p.m.
Sept. 29 Last day of exhibition. Artists may pick up their work in Ocean City.
Sept. 30 Pick up artwork, 11 a.m.-5 p.m. (no early pick up for any reason) There is a $10 fee for any late pickup.
By Oct. 1 Shipped work will be sent.
All entrants will receive notice by email. The notice to accepted artists will include specific details and could vary from prospectus. A list of accepted artists and artwork will also be posted on MFA’s website. Please set your email account to recognize this address: email@example.com. Contact gallery if you do not receive notice.