Hospice Cup Poster Competition
Hospice Cup Competition:
Hospice Cup, Inc. is a 501c3 organization founded in 1981 to help local and regional hospices raise funds for patient programs. In collaboration with Maryland Federation of Art (MFA), the organization hosts an annual competition for a piece of artwork to serve as the backdrop for their yearly poster. Artists are invited to submit up to three pieces and the winning work will be chosen by those in attendance at the Preview Party, as well as the board of the Hospice Cup organization. The winning piece is considered a donation to Hospice Cup and will be reproduced on posters, t-shirts and other collateral material promoting the event.
Work submitted for the poster competition will hang at Circle Gallery March 1 – 10 and artwork may be offered for sale, with the artist receiving 70% of proceeds (MFA Members 75%). There is no fee to enter work for consideration.
For more information please contact Maryland Federation of Art or visit: http://www.hospicecup.org/events/.
Terms of Entry
All entries must adhere to MFA general guidelines as well as the terms of entry specific to the exhibit as listed below.
When entering the exhibition you will be asked to accept the Terms of Entry. Any entry that does not follow Terms of Entry and General Guidelines will be subject to rejection regardless of the Juror’s decision.
- A maximum of 3 original works may be entered.
- Works previously exhibited in Circle Gallery are eligible.
- Works may not exceed 72 inches in width, height or depth, including the frame, unless otherwise specified for a particular exhibit.
- All work must be visibly signed by artist (front or back) and include edition numbers (1/1, 2/50, e.g.) for hand-pulled prints.
- Works may be priced for sale or marked POR (price on request).
Entries and Delivery
- Artwork must be delivered to Circle Gallery (18 State Circle Annapolis, MD 21401) from February 25 – 28.
- Entries must be submitted online to be included in our online gallery by February 25.
- To enter online, you will need an MFA account that includes an email address and a password. There is no charge to create an MFA account.
- Submit one JPEG image per piece entered, or as allowed. To provide the best image set pixel dimension to around 2000 pixels on the longest side. File size may be no more than 2 MB.
- Images of accepted works may be used at the sole discretion of MFA for promotional purposes including but not limited to the invitation, catalog, web site or on a subsequent year’s prospectus. Image will include attribution whenever possible.
Feb. 25 Online entries must be submitted to be displayed in our online gallery
Feb. 25 – 27 Artwork must be dropped off to Circle Gallery (18 State Circle Annapolis, MD 21401)
March 1 First day pieces in competition will be on display
March 8 Artist Selection Reception 6-8pm (winner announced at 7:30pm)
March 11 Artwork must be picked up