James Francis Hollan. PORTRAIT OF THE ARTIST AS A OLD MAN, Mixed Media Metallic Canvas, MFA @ Gallery B 2017
Introducing MFA @ Gallery B:
The Maryland Federation of Art (MFA) invites all MFA members residing in the United States, Puerto Rico, Canada and Mexico to enter it’s MFA @ Gallery B exhibition. Any original 2-D or 3-D work following entry guidelines will be considered. The selected works will be on exhibit at Gallery B in Bethesda from July 2-29, 2019.
Click this icon to view and print the downloadable prospectus.
Juror: Robert Yi, College of Visual & Performing Arts, School of Art in Fairfax, VA.
Robert Yi is faculty and Academic Advisor in the College of Visual & Performing Arts, School of Art in Fairfax, VA. He received his MFA from American University and graduated from the University of Virginia with a BA in Foreign Affairs and a BFA from the Corcoran College of Art & Design. As a painter he received a residency to the New York Studio Residency Program and the Glogauair Artist in Residence program in Berlin, Germany. He is the recipient of the A.H.O. Roll Prize in Fine Arts and the Mae W. Jurow Scholarship. Robert has exhibited in group shows at the Corcoran Gallery of Art and the Civilian Art Projects in Washington, DC, Accademia di Belle Arti di Brera in Milan, Italy, AICAD NYSRP in New York City, and at the Metropolitan Art Project in the City of Fairfax, VA. Robert’s artwork has been reviewed in The Washington Post and Voice of America. For more information visit https://www.robertcyi.com/about .
Total up to $500.
*Award contributors and recipients will also be listed in the exhibition catalog.
Terms of Entry
All entries must adhere to MFA general guidelines as well as the terms of entry specific to the exhibit as listed below. When entering the exhibition you will be asked to accept the Terms of Entry. Any entry that does not follow Terms of Entry and General Guidelines will be subject to rejection regardless of the Juror’s decision.
- A maximum of 6 original works created within the past 3 years may be entered.
- Works previously exhibited in a juried show at Circle Gallery are not eligible.
- Works may not exceed 72 inches in width, height or depth, including the frame, unless otherwise specified for a particular exhibit.
- All work must be visibly signed by artist (front or back) and include edition numbers (1/1, 2/50, e.g.) for hand-pulled prints. Works must be priced for sale or marked POR (price on request).
Cash awards total $500. Award contributors and recipients will be listed in the exhibition catalog.
Entries and Submission Fees
- Entries must be submitted online.
- Entry fees are $25 for Members for one or two entries and $5 each for up to four additional entries. Entry fees are non-refundable.
- To enter online, you will need an MFA account that includes an email address and a password, as well as have been registered as a Member. If you would like to enter this show and are not an MFA Member, the base fee will be $95, the cost of a membership as well as the entry fee.
- Submit one JPEG image per piece entered, or as allowed. To provide the best image for juror set pixel dimension to around 2000 pixels on the longest side. File size may be no more than 2 MB.
- Images of accepted works may be used at the sole discretion of MFA for promotional purposes including but not limited to the invitation, catalog, web site or on a subsequent year’s prospectus. Image will include attribution whenever possible.
Mar. 5 Online entry opens for submissions.
May 1 Deadline for entries.
By May. 30 All entrants notified by email. Check MFA website or contact MFA if you do not receive notice.
June 26 – 29 Shipped and hand delivered work may arrive at Circle Gallery, 18 State Circle, Annapolis MD 21401, from 11 a.m. – 5 p.m.
July 1 Hand delivered work may arrive at Gallery B, 7700 Wisconsin Ave #E, Bethesda, MD 20814, from 10 a.m. – noon.
July 2 First day of exhibition.
July 12 3-5 p.m. Reception. Awards presented at 4:00 p.m.
July 29 Last day of exhibition.
July 29 11 a.m.-5 p.m. Pick up artwork (no early pick up for any reason) There is a $10 fee for any late pick up .
All entrants will receive notice by email. The notice to accepted artists will include specific details and could vary from prospectus. A list of accepted artists and artwork will also be posted on MFA’s website. Please set your email account to recognize this address: firstname.lastname@example.org. Contact gallery if you do not receive notice.