Matthew Saindon, place, Fall Member Show 2017
Introducing the Fall Member Show:
Maryland Federation of Art (MFA) invites all member artists to submit up to three pieces for the Fall Member Show, one of our three annual member-only shows.
Juror: Hai-Ou Hou, Director of Chesapeake Fine Art Studio
Hai-Ou Hou was born in Beijing where she studied painting and ceramics at the prestigious Central Institute of Fine Art and Design. She accepted a teaching post at the Hubei Fine Art Institute where she taught painting and design. After immigrating to the United States, she received her Master of Fine Arts from Towson University. She is the owner and Director of Chesapeake Fine Art Studio where she offers instruction and workshops throughout the country in plein air, figurative, still-life portraiture and quick-draw technique. Hai-Ou’s work has been widely published and exhibited both nationally and internationally and hangs in many museum, corporate, and private collections. She is the recipient of numerous fine arts honors and awards.
Terms of Entry
Before entering the exhibition you will be asked to accept the Terms of Entry. By accepting the Terms of Entry you will be responsible for adhering to them and all entries that do not cooperate with the Terms of Entry will be subject to rejection regardless of the Juror’s decision.
Please note that all exhibitions have specific Terms of Entry. All entries must adhere to MFA general guidelines as well as the terms of entry specific to the exhibit as listed below.
- A maximum of 3 original works created within the past 3 years may be entered.
- Works previously exhibited in a juried show at Circle Gallery are not eligible.
- Works may not exceed 72 inches in width, height or depth, including the frame, unless otherwise specified for a particular exhibit.
- All work must be signed by the artist and all photographs and hand-pulled prints must be numbered.
Cash awards total $500. A special award of $50 will be awarded to the best 3-D piece thanks to Suzi and Rob Conley. Award contributors and recipients will be listed in the exhibition catalog.
Entries and Submission Fees
- Entry fees are $15 for 1, $20 for 2, or $25 for 3. Entry fees are non-refundable.
- Images of accepted works may be used at the sole discretion of MFA for promotional purposes including but not limited to the invitation, catalog, web site or on a subsequent year’s prospectus. Image will include attribution whenever possible.
Aug 7 Deadline for entries.
Aug 27 Notifications are sent by email. contact MFA if you do not receive notice.
Sep 19-23 Artwork must arrive at Circle Gallery, 18 State Circle, Annapolis MD 21401.
Sep 27 11-5 p.m. First day of exhibition.
Oct 7 3-5 p.m. Reception at Circle Gallery. Awards presented at 4:00 p.m.
Oct 21-22 11-5 p.m. Pick up hand-delivered work. There is a $10 fine for late pick up after this date.
All entrants will receive notice by email. A list of accepted artists and artwork will also be posted on MFA’s website. Please set your email account to recognize this address: email@example.com. Contact gallery if you do not receive notice.