John Wagner, Evening snowfall, oil on canvas, Stormy Weather 2017
Introducing Stormy Weather:
Stormy weather—from onset to aftermath and all in between—is the theme of MFA’s (Maryland Federation of Art) 3rd annual exhibition. MFA invites all 2-and 3-D artists to submit any original 2-D artwork depicting the sounds, colors, impact, anticipation, and more, of stormy weather.The selected artworks may be viewed on MFA’s online Curve Gallery from August 15 through September 30, 2018.
Show Chairs:Richard Niewerth and Wil Scott
Dean Dalfonzo is an artist who lives and works in Brooklyn, New York. He completed an MFA in figurative painting from The New York Academy of Art in 2002. In 2003, he was a summer resident in the studio of Odd Nerdrum in Stavern, Norway. He currently teaches drawing and painting at Pratt Institute, Parsons The New School for Design, The Fashion Institute of Technology and Franklin University Switzerland.
Terms of Entry
All entries must adhere to MFA general guidelines as well as the terms of entry specific to the exhibit as listed below.
When entering the exhibition you will be asked to accept the Terms of Entry. Any entry that does not follow Terms of Entry and General Guidelines will be subject to rejection regardless of the Juror’s decision.
- A maximum of 6 original works created within the past 3 years may be entered.
- Works previously exhibited in a juried show at Curve Gallery are not eligible.
- Works must be priced for sale or marked POR (price on request).
Cash awards total $500. Award contributors and recipients will be listed in the exhibition catalog.
Entries and Submission Fees
- Entries must be submitted online.
- Entry fees are $35 (MFA members, $25) for one or two entries and $5 each for up to four additional entries. Entry fees are non-refundable.
- To enter online, you will need an MFA account that includes an email address and a password. There is no charge to create an MFA account.
- Submit one JPEG image per piece entered, or as allowed. To provide the best image for juror set pixel dimension to around 2000 pixels on the longest side. File size may be no more than 2 MB.
- Images of accepted works may be used at the sole discretion of MFA for promotional purposes including but not limited to the invitation, catalog, web site or on a subsequent year’s prospectus. Image will include attribution whenever possible.
April 12 Online entry open for submissions
July 12 Deadline for entries
By Aug 3 All entrants are notified by email and online posting
Aug. 15 First day of exhibition
Sept. 30 Exhibition closes
All entrants will receive notice by email. The notice to accepted artists will include specific details and could vary from prospectus. A list of accepted artists and artwork will also be posted on MFA’s website. Please set your email account to recognize this address: email@example.com. Contact gallery if you do not receive notice.