Introducing Lowe House
Maryland Federation of Art (MFA) has been invited to exhibit artwork at the Lowe House Building in Annapolis, MD, the office building for the Maryland State Delegates. Entry is open to MFA Members or artists residing in Anne Arundel County. Original 2D work created through any media and following entry guidelines are eligible for entry. Works selected by the Juror will be exhibited at the Lowe House of Delegates Office Building (6 Bladen Street, Annapolis, MD, 21401) from January 18 – April 11, 2023.
Juror: Laura Pasquini, Artist, Museum Educator, and Visual Arts Success Coach
Laura Pasquini is an artist, museum educator, and visual arts success coach living near Annapolis, MD. She received a BA in Art History and Theory from University of Maryland Baltimore County and a Masters of Arts in Teaching and Certificate in Drawing + Painting from the Corcoran College of Art + Design at George Washington University. She has traveled to her father’s home country of Italy several times to study and work abroad in both Florence and Venice. During that time, she frequented museums, while painting and studying from the drawings of Renaissance masters.
She has over 20 years of experience as a visual arts educator for museums, including the Corcoran Gallery of Art, where she held the position of Director of Community Outreach, Youth + Family Programs. She has also worked as an educator for the National Gallery of Art’s Art Around the Corner Program and is currently the Visual Arts Program Navigator at Anne Arundel Community College. “Museums and universities have always been active members in civic engagement. I have been fortunate to collaborate in these spaces with faculty curators, artists, and community members to bring high-quality and personally engaging art programs to traditionally underserved populations.”
Terms of Entry
- Entry is open to artists who are either MFA Members or residing in Anne Arundel County.
- Entering this exhibition indicates understanding and agreement on the part of the artist with the conditions stated herein and with (a) MFA’s approved Statement of Equity and Diversity and (b) MFA’s General Guidelines. Work must meet exhibition guidelines to be included in the event. MFA may determine work ineligible if entry guidelines are not followed. Work delivered must correspond with the image(s) submitted to the juror.
- Images of accepted works may be used at the sole discretion of MFA for promotional purposes including, but not limited to: the invitation, catalog, website, social media, or a subsequent year’s prospectus. Images will include attribution wherever possible.
- Work cannot be withdrawn before the end of the event.
- Artwork will be handled with all possible care. MFA will not be responsible or liable for loss or damage from any cause whatsoever. Insurance, if desired, must be carried by the artist.
- Cash awards total $500
- All work must be entered by uploading JPEG images through MFA’s online entry system. Set pixel dimension to between 1,500 and 3,000 pixels on the longest side. File size may be no more than 5 MB.
- To enter online, you will need an MFA account that includes an email address and a password. There is no charge to create an MFA account.
1 or 2 entries $40 ($25 for MFA Members). Additional 4 entries $5 each. Entry fees are non-refundable.
- Images for the juror must correspond with the actual work.
- All entries must be original and completed solely by the artist’s hand. A maximum of 6 original works created within the past 3 years may be entered.
- Work previously exhibited at the Lowe House Office Building is not eligible for re-entry.
- Maximum size of work, including edges of artwork or frame, cannot exceed 30” in height and 24” in width.
- Artists will retain 70% from sales (75% for MFA Members). MFA will retain 30% commission on any work sold through MFA (25% for MFA Members at the time of the sale).
- Work must be for sale. Work may be set to Price on Request (POR).
- Oct 12 Online Entry Opens for Submissions
- Nov 16 Entry Deadline
- Dec 6 Notification @ 5 PM
- Jan 11 – 15 Accepted and Shipped Work Must Arrive at MFA Circle Gallery
- Jan 18 Exhibition Opens
- Jan 29 Virtual Awards Ceremony from 4 – 5 PM via Zoom
- Apr 10 Last Day of the Exhibition
- Apr 11 – 12 Pick-up Hand-Delivered Work from 11 AM – 4 PM
- Apr 17 Shipped Work Will Be Sent
NOTE: Should the exhibition space be closed for reasons beyond our control, MFA reserves the right to move a planned physical exhibit to our online gallery.
All artists will receive notification by email. Accepted artists and artwork will also be posted on MFA’s website. Artists who have unsubscribed from MFA’s emails will not receive notification.
The notice to accepted artists will include specific details and may vary from the prospectus.
Please set your email account to recognize firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com.