Introducing American Landscapes
From the oceans surrounding it to the mountains dividing it, this land is home to some of the world’s most powerful landscapes. Whether urban, rural, or suburban, landscapes are always changing. Show us the landscapes of your life. Open to all media following exhibition guidelines, MFA will showcase any original 2D or 3D work depicting a landscape from the Americas (North America, Hawaii, Central America, the Caribbean, and South America). Works selected by the juror will be exhibited in MFA’s Circle Gallery from August 31 – September 24, 2022.
Terms of Entry
- Entry is open to artists residing in the United States, DC, Puerto Rico, Canada, and Mexico.
- Entering this exhibition indicates understanding and agreement on the part of the artist with the conditions stated herein and with (a) MFA’s approved Statement of Equity and Diversity and (b) MFA’s General Guidelines. Work must meet exhibition guidelines to be included in the event. MFA may determine work ineligible if entry guidelines are not followed. Work delivered must correspond with the images submitted to the juror.
- Images of accepted works may be used at the sole discretion of MFA for promotional purposes including, but not limited to: the invitation, catalog, website, social media, or a subsequent year’s prospectus. Images will include attribution wherever possible.
- Work cannot be withdrawn before the end of the event.
- Artwork will be handled with all possible care. MFA will not be responsible or liable for loss or damage from any cause whatsoever. Insurance, if desired, must be carried by the artist.
- Cash awards total $1,000
- All work must be entered by uploading JPEG images through MFA’s online entry system. Set pixel dimension to around 3,000 pixels on the longest side. File size may be no more than 5 MB.
- For video submissions: upload a still frame from your video, and in the “media” section, out the media and then include a public YouTube or Vimeo link to the video.
- To enter online, you will need an MFA account that includes an email address and a password. There is no charge to create an MFA account.
- 1 or 2 entries $40 (MFA Members $25). Additional 4 entries $5 each. Entry fees are non-refundable.
- Images for the juror must correspond with the actual work.
- All entries must be original and completed solely by the artist’s hand. A maximum of 6 original works created within the past 3 years may be entered.
- Work previously exhibited at MFA Circle Gallery is not eligible for re-entry.
- Maximum size of work, including edges of artwork or frame, cannot exceed 72″ in any direction. Artists may be asked to assist with the installation of oversized work (greater than 60″ or over 40 lbs.).
- Artists will retain 70% from sales (75% for MFA Members). MFA will retain 30% commission (25% for MFA Members) on any work sold through MFA.
- Work must be for sale. Work may be set to Price on Request (POR).
- May 5 Online entry open for submissions
- Jul 6 Entry deadline
- Aug 2 Artists notified by email
- Aug 24 – 28 Work must arrive at MFA Circle Gallery
- Aug 31 First day of the exhibition
- Sept 4 Virtual awards presentation at 4 PM
- Sept 24 Last day of the exhibition; Possible closing reception at MFA Circle Gallery from 4 – 6 PM
- Sept 25 – 26 Pick-up handed-delivered work, 11 AM – 4 PM
- Sept 28 Shipped work will be sent
NOTE: Should the exhibition space be closed for reasons beyond our control, MFA reserves the right to move a planned physical exhibit to our online gallery.
All artists will receive notification by email. Accepted artists and artwork will also be posted on MFA’s website. Artists who have unsubscribed from MFA’s emails will not receive notification.
The notice to accepted artists will include specific details and may vary from the prospectus.
Please set your email account to recognize email@example.com.