Introducing Here Comes the Sun
Little darling, it feels like years since we’ve been here. As the world opens back up and the summer months encourage us to spend time under the sun, there’s a feeling of hope about the future. Use this return to normal, the advancement to something better, and the light of the future as inspiration for this all-media People’s Choice exhibition. The works will be on display in MFA’s Online People’s Choice Voting Gallery from August 19 – September 10, 2021.
Terms of Entry
All entries must adhere to MFA general guidelines as well as the terms of entry specific to the exhibit as listed below. When entering the exhibition, you will be asked to accept the Terms of Entry.
Entry is open to artists from any unembargoed country. Entering this exhibition indicates understanding and agreement on the part of the artist with the conditions stated here and at mdfedart.com/mfa-general-guidelines. Work must meet delivery and exhibition guidelines to be included in the event. Images of accepted works may be used at the sole discretion of MFA for promotional purposes including, but not limited to: the invitation, catalog, website, social media, or a subsequent year’s prospectus. Images will include attribution wherever possible. Artists will retain 80% from sales. Work cannot be withdrawn before the end of the event.
- A maximum of 2 original works created within the past 3 years may be entered.
- Work previously exhibited in a People’s Choice Gallery is not eligible for re-entry.
- Maximum size of work, including edges of artwork or frame, cannot exceed 48″ in any direction. Artwork must be a minimum of 10”x14”. Any medium of 2D artwork may be submitted.
- The three artists whose work receives the most votes will each receive one year of MFA Membership.
Entries and Submission Fees
- All work must be entered by uploading JPEG images through MFA’s online entry system. Set pixel dimension to around 3,000 pixels on the longest side. File size may be no more than 5 MB.
- Entry fees are $20 ($15 for MFA Members) for 1 or 2 entries. Entry fees are non-refundable.
- To enter online, you will need an MFA account that includes an email address and a password. There is no charge to create an MFA account.
- Submitted images must correspond with the actual work.
- All entries must be original and completed solely by the artist’s hand.
- All entries will be on display in MFA’s People’s Choice Gallery and will be available for sale. MFA’s Online Sales Gallery is provided to North American artists to sell their work. Only artists in the 48 contiguous United States may set a price. Artists are responsible for the fulfillment of sales. MFA will reimburse appropriate shipping costs to those artists for online sales shipments. All other artists must enter Price On Request (POR) and purchase inquiries will be referred to the artist through MFA. MFA retains 20% commission (15% for MFA Members) on any work sold through MFA.
- Jul. 14 Online entry open for submissions.
- Aug. 17 Deadline for entries.
- Aug. 19 Online People’s Choice exhibition opens; voting opens.
- Sept. 2 Voting closes.
- Sept. 3 Awards announced.
- Sept. 10 Online People’s Choice Award exhibition closes.
NOTE: Should the exhibition space be closed for reasons beyond our control, MFA reserves the right to move a planned physical exhibit to our online gallery. Please mark your calendar for notification. This may include specific information that varies from the prospectus.