Introducing Eastport Yacht Club Lights Parade Poster Competition
Maryland Federation of Art (MFA) and Eastport Yacht Club (EYC) invite all artists residing in the United States to enter our second annual poster competition. All original 2-D work in any medium that depicts an Annapolis landmark or the Annapolis skyline, includes the EYC burgee, and follows MFA entry guidelines will be considered. All works submitted will be on exhibition in MFA’s Online Gallery and a People’s Choice Award will be given out at the end of the online exhibition. Learn more about the Eastport Yacht Club here.
Terms of Entry
All entries must adhere to MFA general guidelines as well as the terms of entry specific to the exhibit as listed below. When entering the exhibition, you will be asked to accept the Terms of Entry. Any entry that does not follow Terms of Entry and General Guidelines will be subject to rejection regardless of the Juror’s decision.
Entry is open to artists from the 50 United States, DC, and Puerto Rico. Entering this exhibition indicates understanding and agreement on the part of the artist with the conditions stated here and at mdfedart.com/mfa-general-guidelines. Work must meet delivery and exhibition guidelines to be included in the event. Images of accepted works may be used at the sole discretion of MFA for promotional purposes including, but not limited to: the invitation, catalog, website, social media, or a subsequent year’s prospectus. Images will include attribution wherever possible. Artists will retain 60% from sales. Work cannot be withdrawn before the end of the event.
- A maximum of 2 original works created within the past 3 years may be entered.
- Work previously exhibited in a People’s Choice Gallery is not eligible for re-entry.
- Maximum size of work, including edges of artwork or frame, cannot exceed 48″ in any direction. Artwork must be a minimum of 10”x14”. Any medium of 2D artwork may be submitted.
The award will be selected by a committee from Eastport Yacht Club. Cash award prize TBA.
Entries and Submission Fees
- All work must be entered by uploading JPEG images through MFA’s online entry system. Set pixel dimension to around 2,000 pixels on the longest side. File size may be no more than 5 MB.
- Entry fees are $10 for 1 or 2 entries. Entry fees are non-refundable.
- To enter online, you will need an MFA account that includes an email address and a password. There is no charge to create an MFA account.
- Submitted images must correspond with the actual work.
- All entries must be original and completed solely by the artist’s hand. Work must be for sale. Work cannot be set to Price on Request (POR).
- The EYC burgee should be displayed in an appropriate fashion. The burgee can be found on the EYC website.
- An Annapolis landmark or skyline, open to the artist’s interpretation, should be displayed. Artwork should also include some aspect of a festive parade.
- All entries will be on display in MFA’s People’s Choice Gallery and will be available for sale to the public, with the exception of the piece picked by EYC. Artists will retain 60% of sales price if sold, with MFA and the EYC Foundation retaining 20% each.
- July 1 Online entry open for submissions.
- Sept. 15 Deadline for entries.
- Nov. 20 EYC Lights Parade poster winner announced.
- Nov. 21 First day of online exhibition.
- Nov. 28 First day of voting for People’s Choice Award.
- Dec. 29 Last day of voting for People’s Choice Award and award announced.
- Dec. 31 Last day of online exhibition.
NOTE: Should the exhibition space be closed for reasons beyond our control, MFA reserves the right to move a planned physical exhibit to our online gallery. Please mark your calendar for notification. This may include specific information that varies from the prospectus.
All artists will receive notification by email. Accepted artists and artwork will also be posted on MFA’s website.
The notice to accepted artists will include specific details and may vary from prospectus.
Please set your email account to recognize email@example.com.