Introducing Corporate Connections:
MFA’s Corporate Connections program launches an opportunity for artists to connect with professional developers, designers, and more at this one-day gala event at the MGM Casino in National Harbor, Maryland. Entry is open to new and established MFA member artists. Entries of original 2D or 3D work may be submitted for consideration by the juror. All images of selected works will be featured in a promotional catalog and also displayed on MFA’s online Curve Gallery from September 15 – October 31, 2021.
Katalin Farnady – Through a discovery-driven process and close working relationship, Katalin strives to uncover her clients’ personal style and tell their unique stories. She believes in starting every project with a strong foundation, honoring design principles, architecture, and history. In doing so, she’s able to push boundaries while honoring traditional design aesthetics and her client’s design vision.
Katalin’s work is inspired by art, furniture, fashion, and her world travels, resulting in sophisticated, functional design. Her bold approach with fabrics, patterns, and furniture will create an unforgettable journey in any room or space. As a risk-taker, you can expect the unexpected with Katalin Farnady. Visit her website at farnadyinteriors.com
Marcy Sagel – Interior Designer Marcy Sagel is founder and principal of MSA Interiors. She is both passionate and dedicated to design and likes to tell a story thru each project unique to its audience. Marcy has worked in both the US and abroad and has been featured in many publications.
She works with many manufacturers to develop lines for tile, LVT flooring, custom furniture lines, fabrics and custom lighting. She sits on a number of Design Councils for both Plumbing and Flooring Manufacturers helping to select emerging trends in each industry. Art is an integral part of her design aesthetic and she has worked with many well-known artists and artist representatives for many of MSA’s projects. She is regularly engaged to speak about design and design trends emerging in Multifamily Housing and the Design Industry. Visit her website at msainteriors.com
Emily Vaughan – Emily Vaughan Interiors is a full service interior design firm based in Washington, DC. Emily’s work is a youthful take on traditional design, characterized by custom details and the use of vintage and antique finds. Most importantly, Emily creates environments that reflect the unique personalities and lifestyles of her clients. Projects range from new builds and total renovations to individual room makeovers.
Prior to launching her firm, Emily honed her design aesthetic at Crosby Designs LLC. There, she served as a designer and project manager for large scale, high end residential projects in Washington, DC; Alexandria, Virginia; Rehoboth Beach, DE; and Sea Island, GA. A Delaware native, Emily graduated from Penn State University with a degree in finance and began her career in the investments industry. Emily currently resides in Washington, DC with her husband Robbie and daughter Margot. Visit her website at emilyvaughaninteriors.com
Designers’ Choice Purchase Award
- Nada Romanos Abizaid, Convergence, stoneware
- Martin S. Ali, Aviary, acrylic
- David Diaz, Morning Light-Tilghman, oil
- Patrice Drago, It’s About Time, acrylic on canvas
- Karen Egbert, Circuits, oil
- Elizabeth Anne Kendall, Duet, ceramic sculpture
- Gordon Edward LYON, Torso, welded steel
- Peter Martin, LOCKHEED-SC-03-MFA-1, photograph
- Michael Spears, Bring In The Beat, mix media
- Elaine Weiner-Reed, Group Dynamics I, acrylic on canvas; board-mounted and framed
- Lin White, How Many Days to Sell a House, 655 crossword puzzles on panel
Designers’ Choice Presenting Artist
- Carol Cowie, Summertime, oil on linen
- Maureen S. Farrell, Strength in Numbers, mixed media
- Janet Little Jeffers, Landing Spot (Carmine Bee-Eaters, Zambia), photograph, archival pigment print
- David L. Knopp, Chrysalis, Baltic birch plywood, stack laminated and carved; functional sculpture, console table
- Tracy Lambros, Sky Bliss, oil, gold, bronze pigments on canvas
- Jen Sterling, Wake, acrylic on canvas
- Gil Ugiansky, BALANCING ACT 9 – TWO CUBES & A RHOMBOHEDRON, painted mild steel, interactive kinetic
- Acquaetta Lelee Williams, In Plain Sight‚ №4, acrylic, paper, pastels, copper, vinyl
- Christine Zmuda, Will You Keep Bringing out the best in me?, mixed media, acrylic
*Award contributors and recipients will also be listed in the exhibition catalog.
Information for Accepted Artists
- Jul 1 Online entry opens for submissions
- Aug 11 Entry deadline
- Sept 1 Award announcement
- TBA Shipping deadline for the 20 artists chosen to display their work at the Corporate Connections event
- Sept 15 Online exhibition opens
- Sept 23 Event reception to be held at MGM Casino in National Harbor, Maryland. More details TBA
- Oct 31 Online exhibition closes.
NOTE: Should Circle Gallery or any other exhibition space be closed for reasons beyond our control, MFA reserves the right to move a planned physical exhibit to our online gallery. Please mark your calendar for notification. This may include specific information that varies from the prospectus.
All work will be handled with all possible care, but pieces submitted for the exhibition are at the artist’s risk. In the event of damage or theft, MFA will not be held liable. If insurance is desired, the artist must carry it.
- Work must be for sale. Work cannot be set to Price on Request.
- Artists will retain 75% of the purchase price.
- The sale of artwork is taxable and all sales tax processing will be handled by MFA.
- Sold artwork requiring shipment will be handled by MFA with shipping costs collected from the buyer.
- MFA asks that artists donate 20% from any sale made through a direct referral from MFA within three months. All donations are used to help defray operating costs of the Maryland Federation of Art and are tax-deductible by the artists to the full extent of the law.
All entrants will receive notice by email. The notice to accepted artists will include specific details and could vary from prospectus. A list of accepted artists and artwork will also be posted on MFA’s website. Please set your email account to recognize this address: email@example.com. Contact Circle Gallery if you do not receive notice.