Introducing In the Box
MFA introduces In the Box, a grab-box event where MFA Member Artists donate pieces sized to fit in one of the regular USPS Priority Mail Boxes. Patrons will purchase a mystery box which the artist or MFA will pack and ship in December. Donations from Members count this year as their donation for Collector’s Choice.
Your donation to MFA – a 501 (c ) (3) organization helps keep our organization alive and vibrant and helps art and artists in the community. Your gift is fully tax deductible as allowed by law.
Terms of Entry
Please read the terms and conditions attached to this page or in the online entry portal before donating your work.
- Artists may donate up to two pieces.
- Work does not need to be framed
- 2-D works may not exceed 23 inches in height or 11 inches in width, including the frame. 3-D work may not exceed 11 inches in height or width or 6 inches in depth. This is measured based on USPS standard Priority Mail Boxes.
Artwork must be submitted by November 1st, 2020, to be a part of In the Box 2020. A Preview Gallery will exhibit pieces and link to the artists website.
In the Box Event
- Entries must be submitted online.
- Entry fees are $70 for an MFA Membership. This show is only open to MFA Members and there is no fee for a Member to upload their pieces.
- To enter online, you will need an MFA account that includes an email address and a password. There is no charge to create an MFA account.
- Submit one JPEG image per piece entered, or as allowed. To provide the best image set pixel dimension to around 2000 pixels on the longest side. File size may be no more than 5 MB.
- Images of accepted works may be used at the sole discretion of MFA for promotional purposes including but not limited to the invitation, catalog, web site or on a subsequent year’s prospectus. Image will include attribution whenever possible.
In the Box Schedule
- Sep. 1 Online entry open for submissions
- Oct. 15 Tickets on sale
- Nov. 1 Deadline for donations
- Dec. 5 Virtual number pulling for ticket buyers
- Dec. 15 Artists and MFA ship work to ticket buyers. Can’t ship your piece? Talk to MFA before Dec. 10 to make other arrangements