Piece by JJ Galloway, previous EYC Lights Parade poster
Introducing Eastport Yacht Club Lights Parade Poster Competition
Maryland Federation of Art (MFA) and Eastport Yacht Club (EYC) invite all artists residing in the United States to enter this inaugural poster competition. All original 2-D work in any medium which depicts an Annapolis landmark or Annapolis skyline and includes the EYC burgee as well as follows MFA entry guidelines, will be considered. All works submitted will be on exhibition and for sale in MFA Curve Gallery. Learn more about the Eastport Yacht Club here.
NOTE: Should Circle Gallery or any other exhibitions space be closed for reasons beyond our control, MFA reserves the right to move a planned physical exhibit to our online gallery. Please mark your calendar for notification. This may include specific information that varies from the prospectus.
Terms of Entry
All entries must adhere to MFA general guidelines as well as the terms of entry specific to the exhibit as listed below. When entering the exhibition you will be asked to accept the Terms of Entry. Any entry that does not follow Terms of Entry and General Guidelines will be subject to rejection regardless of the committee’s decision.
- A maximum of 2 original works created within the past 3 years may be entered.
- Works may not exceed 72 inches in width, height or depth and must be at least 10 inches in width and 14 inches in height.
- The winner will agree to give their original piece to EYC for reproduction as the 2020 EYC Lights Parade poster as well as any other promotion material and merchandise.
- Cash awards total $500 for the piece chosen by the committee.
- A People’s Choice award of $100 will also be given while the show is on exhibition.
Entries and Submission Fees
- Entries must be submitted online.
- Entry fees are $10 for one or two entries. Entry fees are non-refundable.
- To enter online, you will need an MFA account that includes an email address and a password. There is no charge to create an MFA account.
- Submit one JPEG image per piece entered, or as allowed. To provide the best image for juror set pixel dimension to around 2000 pixels on the longest side. File size may be no more than 5 MB.
- Images of accepted works may be used at the sole discretion of MFA for promotional purposes including but not limited to the invitation, catalog, web site or on a subsequent year’s prospectus. Image will include attribution whenever possible. As stated above, the winning piece will be used at the discretion of EYC for promotional purposes.
July 8 Online entry open for submissions.
Aug. 27 Deadline for entries.
Oct. 15 EYC Lights Parade poster winner announced. The winning selection will be on display at EYC.
Oct. 16 First day of exhibition and first day for voting for People’s Choice.
Dec. 13 Last day for voting for People’s Choice.
Dec. 14 People’s Choice winner announced.
Jan. 1 Last day of exhibition.
All entrants will receive notice by email. The notice to accepted artists will include specific details and could vary from prospectus. A list of accepted artists and artwork will also be posted on MFA’s website. Please set your email account to recognize this address: email@example.com. Contact Circle Gallery if you do not receive notice.