Fran Abrams, Desert Winds, unpainted polymer clay from Gallery B 2019
Introducing MFA @ Gallery B:
The Maryland Federation of Art (MFA) invites all MFA members residing in the United States, Puerto Rico, Canada and Mexico to enter it’s MFA @ Gallery B exhibition. Any original 2-D or 3-D work following entry guidelines will be considered. The selected works will be on exhibit at Gallery B in Bethesda from July 22 – August 15, 2020.
All accepted work will be exhibited in MFA’s online sales gallery. If the gallery location is able to open, MFA will hang the work received from those artists who are able to deliver their work. No accepted artist will be required to deliver work to participate int eh online exhibition.
Juror: Nora Sturges, Towson University
Nora Sturges is Area Head of Painting and Drawing in the Department of Art + Design, Art History, Art Education at Towson University in Maryland. She has exhibited her paintings in numerous solo and group exhibitions in galleries and museums in the United States, Canada and Europe, and has been recognized numerous times for her thought provoking work by the Maryland State Arts Council and in the publication New American Paintings. She received her B.A., Magna Cum Laude in studio art from Bowdoin College, Maine, and an M.F.A. in painting from Ohio University.
Terms of Entry
All entries must adhere to MFA general guidelines as well as the terms of entry specific to the exhibit as listed below. When entering the exhibition you will be asked to accept the Terms of Entry. Any entry that does not follow Terms of Entry and General Guidelines will be subject to rejection regardless of the Juror’s decision.
- A maximum of 6 original works created within the past 3 years may be entered.
- Works previously exhibited in a juried show at Gallery B are not eligible.
- 2-D works may not exceed 24 inches in width or height, including the frame.
- 3-D works may not exceed 24 inches in with or depth, or 60 inches in height.
Cash awards total $500. Award contributors and recipients will be listed in the exhibition catalog.
Entries and Submission Fees
- Entries must be submitted online.
- Entry fees are $25 (as this is a members only show) for one or two entries and $5 each for additional entries. Entry fees are non-refundable.
- To enter online, you will need an MFA account that includes an email address and a password.
- Submit one JPEG image per piece entered, or as allowed. To provide the best image for juror set pixel dimension to around 2000 pixels on the longest side. File size may be no more than 2 MB.
- Images of accepted works may be used at the sole discretion of MFA for promotional purposes including but not limited to the invitation, catalog, web site or on a subsequent year’s prospectus. Image will include attribution whenever possible.
Mar. 5 Online entry opens for submissions.
May 1 Deadline for entries.
By May. 30 All entrants notified by email. Check MFA website or contact MFA if you do not receive notice.
July 16 – 19 Shipped and hand-delivered work may arrive at Circle Gallery, 18 State Circle, Annapolis MD 21401, from 11 a.m. – 5 p.m.
July 21 Hand delivered work may arrive at Gallery B, 7700 Wisconsin Ave #E, Bethesda, MD 20814, from 10 a.m. – noon.
July 22 Noon-6pm. First day of exhibition at Gallery B.
TBD. Reception at Gallery B. Awards presented at 7:00 p.m.
Aug 17 10am – 2pm. Pick up hand delivered work at Gallery B. NOTE: There is a $20 fee to transport work back to Circle Gallery. There is no on-site storage. Please check notification letter to confirm any changes about pick up.
Aug 3,4 11 am -4pm. Hand delivered work pick up at Gallery B. NOTE: There is a $20 fee for work transported to Circle Gallery. There is a $10 late fee. After a week, the fee increases to $20.
Aug 5 Shipped work will be sent
All entrants will receive notice by email. The notice to accepted artists will include specific details and could vary from prospectus. A list of accepted artists and artwork will also be posted on MFA’s website. Please set your email account to recognize this address: firstname.lastname@example.org. Contact gallery if you do not receive notice.
NOTE: Should Circle Gallery or any other exhibition space be closed for reasons beyond our control, MFA reserves the right to move a planned physical exhibit to our online gallery. Please mark your calendar – all entrants will receive notice by email. The notice to accepted artists will include specific details and may vary from prospectus. A list of accepted artists and artwork will also be posted on MFA’s website. Please set your email account to recognize this address: email@example.com. It is important to check website/check spam folder if you do not receive notice.