Open Water, watercolor and acrylic, Lindsay Elizabeth Neel
Introducing MFA @ Gallery 564:
Maryland Federation of Art (MFA) invites all MFA artist members to enter this MFA organized competition. All original 2-D and 3-D artwork created through any media and following entry guidelines will be considered. The selected works will be on exhibit at MFA’s alternative gallery space at Gallery 564 from November 7 to November 29, 2019.
Juror: Lindsay McCulloch, AACC
Lindsay McCulloch is associate Professor of Visual Arts at AACC in Arnold, MD. She received a Bachelor of Arts and a Master of Arts from the University of Virginia, and a M.F.A. in painting from Boston University. Her work includes paintings, works on paper and artist books. McCulloch has exhibited internationally in England, Spain and Iraq and featured in museums and galleries across the USA including the Joel and Lila Harnett Museum of Art, University of Richmond Museums in Richmond, VA; the Danforth Museum of Art in Framingham, MA; the American Poetry Museum in Washington, DC; Bowery Gallery in New York City, NY and the Nasher Sculpture Center in Dallas, TX, among others. McCulloch holds various awards, including a Joan Mitchell Foundation Fellowship, a Virginia Museum of Fine Arts Fellowship for Painting, and the Art New England Award at the Boston Printmakers North American Print Biennial. Her work is featured in public and private collections in the United States and abroad, including the Iraq National Library in Baghdad, Iraq and the Nasher Sculpture Center in Dallas, TX.
Terms of Entry
All entries must adhere to MFA general guidelines as well as the terms of entry specific to the exhibit as listed below. When entering the exhibition you will be asked to accept the Terms of Entry. Any entry that does not follow Terms of Entry and General Guidelines will be subject to rejection regardless of the Juror’s decision.
- A maximum of 6 original works created within the past 3 years may be entered.
- Works previously exhibited in a juried show at Gallery 564 are not eligible.
- 2D works may not exceed 40 inches in width or height. 3D work cannot exceed 12 inches in width or depth or 36 inches in height.
- All work must be visibly signed by the artist (from or back) and include edition numbers (1/1, 2/50, e.g.) for hand-pulled prints. Works must be priced for sale or marked POR (price on request).
Cash awards total $500. Award contributors and recipients will be listed in the exhibition catalog.
Entries and Submission Fees
- Entries must be submitted online.
- Non – members are wlecome to apply, but will have to pay an additional membership fee. Entry is $25 for MFA Members for one or two entries. Each additional entry is $5. Entry fees are non-refundable.
- To enter online, you will need an MFA account that includes an email address and a password. There is no charge to create an MFA account.
- Submit one JPEG image per piece entered, or as allowed. To provide the best image for juror set pixel dimension to around 2000 pixels on the longest side. File size may be no more than 2 MB.
- Images of accepted works may be used at the sole discretion of MFA for promotional purposes including but not limited to the invitation, catalog, web site or on a subsequent year’s prospectus. Image will include attribution whenever possible.
Aug. 1 Online entry open for submissions.
Sep. 12 Deadline for entries.
By Oct. 1 All entrants are notified by email and online posting.
Oct. 28 – 31 Shipped work must arrive at Circle Gallery 11-5pm, 18 State Circle, Annapolis MD, 21401.
Nov. 1 & 2 Hand delivered work must arrive at Gallery 564 11-5:30pm, 564 Baltimore Annapolis Blvd, Severna Park, MD 21146. No hand deliveries will be accepted at Circle Gallery.
Nov. 7 First day of exhibition at Gallery 564.
Nov. 15 Reception at Gallery 564: 5:30pm – 7:30pm, awards presented at 6:30pm.
Nov. 30 Pick up hand delivered work at Gallery 564: 11am – 5pm. There is a $20 charge for work requiring transport to Circle Gallery.
By Dec. 3 Shipped work will be sent.
All entrants will receive notice by email. The notice to accepted artists will include specific details and could vary from prospectus. A list of accepted artists and artwork will also be posted on MFA’s website. Please set your email account to recognize this address: email@example.com. Contact gallery if you do not receive notice.