- It is required that all artwork have a Paint Annapolis 2021 registration stamp visible and accessible to be exhibited. Stamping will occur at the Paint Annapolis Pop Up Gallery (4 Church Circle, Annapolis, MD 21401). Panels, paper, and canvases should be blank before being stamped.
- All artwork must be painted en plein air during the week of Paint Annapolis, without the use of photographs.
- All artwork submitted for exhibition, awards, and/or sales must be framed, wired, and ready to hang.
- Artists may paint as many pieces as they want but only two (2) will hang for jurying in the Paint Annapolis Pop Up gallery.
- Artwork may not exceed 32 inches in any direction. Mat and frame are included in the size measurement.
- All works submitted for exhibition must be painted during Paint Annapolis 2021 and within the areas designated.
- Artists may submit two (2) pieces for the Paint Annapolis Exhibition. These pieces will be the ones juried for awards.
- Artwork to be submitted for exhibition must be dropped off at the exhibition location no later than Friday, June 11 at noon.
- Artwork created during Paint Annapolis may be exhibited in the Paint Annapolis online gallery. Artists may upload their two (2) pieces that they would like juried for awards online using a special link MFA staff will send the week of the event. It is the artist’s responsibility to post their work by noon on June 11.
- Work submitted for exhibition and awards will hang in the Paint Annapolis Pop Up Gallery from June 12-26.
- Artists must work with MFA to retrieve their artwork after June 26. Artists who have not collected their work after a week will be charged a $30 late fee. Work not retrieved within 90 days becomes the property of MFA.
- Paintings submitted for exhibition must be available for sale.
- Artists receive 60% of the purchase price for any work sold throughout Paint Annapolis.
- Only MFA personnel may complete a sale.
- By participating in Paint Annapolis, artists agree not to conduct sales or presales of their paintings outside the commission structure. Commission proceeds for all sales support current and future Paint Annapolis events and help MFA achieve our mission to create meaningful connections in the community through art.
- MFA will keep artists updated on whether their piece sells during the exhibition.
- Mar. 1 Sign up for public painting open.
- Jun. 5 Deadline to sign up to paint.
- Jun. 5, 12 AM – 4 PM Early bird stamping at Paint Annapolis Pop Up Gallery (4 Church Circle, Annapolis, MD 21401). Public Painters can get canvases, boards, and paper stamped but should not begin painting until dawn on June 6.
- Jun. 6, 9 AM – 4 PM Public Painters should check-in at the Paint Annapolis Pop Up Gallery to have canvases, paper, and boards stamped.
- Jun. 6-11 Artists may paint in designated areas. Stamping will be daily at the Paint Annapolis Pop Up from 10 AM – 4 PM.
- Jun. 9, dusk – dawn Public Painters should work on their Nocturne. Use the special Nocturne boundary map.
- Jun. 11, 9 AM – noon Public Painters drop off their work at the Paint Annapolis Pop Up Gallery.
- Jun. 11 @ 7 PM Digital award ceremony over Zoom. Visit paintannapolis.org for the link to join.
- Jun. 12 @ 10 AM Paint Annapolis 2021 exhibition begins at Pop Up Gallery.
- Jun. 26 Last day of the exhibition.
- Jun. 27-30 Pick up unsold art at the Paint Annapolis Pop Up Gallery.