Richard Paul Weiblinger, Cactus 3266, photography
Considering entering the exhibition?
Entry Deadline is November 13Online Entry System
Introducing the Winter Member Show:
MFA (Maryland Federation of Art) invites all MFA members residing in the United States, Puerto Rico, Canada, and Mexico to enter the 2018 Winter Member Show. Any original 2-D or 3-D work will be considered. Works selected will be on exhibit in the MFA Circle Gallery, 18 State Circle, Annapolis, Maryland tentatively from January 4 to January 20, 2018.
Kim Banister is the Director of Julio Fine Arts Gallery at Loyola University in Baltimore and is recognized nationally as an artist working in large scale and dynamic figure drawings. She received a Master of Fine Arts degree from the University of Cincinnati and a Bachelor of Arts degree from Dickinson College. In 2012, she was awarded a fellowship at the AAMG/Kellogg Academic Museum and Gallery Leadership Seminar at Northwestern University
Terms of Entry
All entries must adhere to MFA general guidelines as well as the terms of entry specific to the exhibit as listed below.
When entering the exhibition you will be asked to accept the Terms of Entry. Any entry that does not follow Terms of Entry and General Guidelines will be subject to rejection regardless of the Juror’s decision.
- A maximum of 6 original works created within the past 3 years may be entered.
- Works previously exhibited in a juried show at Circle Gallery are not eligible.
- Works may not exceed 72 inches in width, height or depth, including the frame, unless otherwise specified for a particular exhibit.
- All work must be visibly signed by artist (front or back) and include edition numbers (1/1, 2/50, e.g.) for hand-pulled prints. Works must be priced for sale or marked POR (price on request).
Cash awards total $500. Award contributors and recipients will be listed in the exhibition catalog.
Entries and Submission Fees
- Entries must be submitted online.
- Entry fees are $90 (MFA members, $20) for one or two entries and $5 each for up to four additional entries. Entry fees are non-refundable.
- To enter online, you will need an MFA account that includes an email address and a password. There is no charge to create an MFA account.
- Submit one JPEG image per piece entered, or as allowed. To provide the best image for juror set pixel dimension to around 2000 pixels on the longest side. File size may be no more than 2 MB.
- Images of accepted works may be used at the sole discretion of MFA for promotional purposes including but not limited to the invitation, catalog, web site or on a subsequent year’s prospectus. Image will include attribution whenever possible.
Oct. 12 Online entry open for submissions
Nov. 13 Deadline for entries
Dec. 7 Notifications are sent by email. contact MFA if you do not receive notice.
Dec. 27-29 and 9am-12pm on Jan. 2 Shipped work and hand-delivered work must arrive at circle Gallery, 18 State circle, Annapolis MD, 21401
Jan. 4 11-5 p.m. First day of exhibition.
Jan. 14 3-5 p.m. Reception at Circle Gallery. Awards presented at 4:00 p.m.
Jan. 21-22 11 a.m. – 5 p.m. Pick up hand-delivered work. No early pick up. There is a $10 fine for late pick up.
By Jan. 23 Shipped work will be sent.
All entrants will receive notice by email. The notice to accepted artists will include specific details and could vary from prospectus. A list of accepted artists and artwork will also be posted on MFA’s website. Please set your email account to recognize this address: email@example.com. Contact gallery if you do not receive notice.