Richard Paul Weiblinger, Cactus 3266, photography
Introducing the Winter Member Show:
MFA (Maryland Federation of Art) invites all MFA members residing in the United States, Puerto Rico, Canada, and Mexico to enter the 2018 Winter Member Show. Any original 2-D or 3-D work will be considered. Works selected will be on exhibit in the MFA Circle Gallery, 18 State Circle, Annapolis, Maryland tentatively from January 4 to January 20, 2018.
Kim Banister is the Director of Julio Fine Arts Gallery at Loyola University in Baltimore and is recognized nationally as an artist working in large scale and dynamic figure drawings. She received a Master of Fine Arts degree from the University of Cincinnati and a Bachelor of Arts degree from Dickinson College. In 2012, she was awarded a fellowship at the AAMG/Kellogg Academic Museum and Gallery Leadership Seminar at Northwestern University
*Award contributors and recipients will also be listed in the exhibition catalog.
Information for Accepted Artists
Oct. 12 Online entry open for submissions
Nov. 13 Deadline for entries
Dec. 7 Notifications are sent by email. contact MFA if you do not receive notice.
Dec. 27-29 and 9am-12pm on Jan. 2 Shipped work and hand-delivered work must arrive at circle Gallery, 18 State circle, Annapolis MD, 21401
Jan. 4 11-5 p.m. First day of exhibition.
Jan. 14 3-5 p.m. Reception at Circle Gallery. Awards presented at 4:00 p.m.
Jan. 21-22 12 p.m. – 4 p.m. Pick up hand-delivered work. No early pick up. There is a $10 fine for late pick up.
By Jan. 23 Shipped work will be sent.
- All work delivered to the gallery must have the following information affixed to the non-viewing side of artwork:
- Artist Name
- Address, phone number and email
- Title of the work, medium and price. Be specific with medium descriptions (e.g., oil on hardboard or canvas, not oil; chromogenic print or archival ink jet print, not photography or digital print; oil pastel on paper, not pastel; etc.)
- Work must arrive on scheduled dates.
- Paintings must be dry.
- Measure to ensure work meets size limitations before delivery, include outer edges of frames. Work not in compliance will not be exhibited. No exceptions.
- All shipped work must include a bar-coded shipping label. Do not send by United States Postal Service (USPS). We prefer UPS but accept FedEx. No shipping peanuts allowed.
- Please affix packing/repacking instructions to OUTSIDE of shipping box.
- Tips on shipping can be viewed on the RedDotBlog
Pickup and Storage
- When the exhibit ends, unless specified otherwise, you may pick up your work no earlier than 3:00 pm on the closing day of the exhibit.
- You must pick up your work within 48 hours of the closing day of the exhibit, or notify the gallery if you will be late.
- Unless previous arrangements have been made, work placed in storage after announced pickup dates will be subject to a fine of $10.00 per piece, per week. Work left in storage longer than two (2) weeks shall become MFA property and may be disposed of, or used for fundraising purposes. There are no exceptions.
All work will be handled with all possible care, but pieces submitted for exhibition are at the artist’s risk. In the event of damage or theft, the MFA will not be held liable. If insurance is desired, the artist must carry it.
- All work entered into any exhibition must be for sale unless prior agreements are made, and marked either with a price or POR for Price On Request.
- The MFA will retain 30% from all sales
- Sale of artwork is taxable and all sales tax processing will be handled by the MFA.
- Sold artwork requiring shipment will be handled by the MFA with costs collected from buyer. Buyers will be asked if the work may be retained until the exhibit ends. If the buyer disagrees, the Gallery will let the work go, and the artist will be informed.
- The MFA asks that artists donate 20% from any sale made through a direct referral from the MFA within three months. All donations are used to help defray operating costs of the Maryland Federation of Art and are tax-deductible by the artists to the full extent of the law.