Nicholas H Teetelli, Hancock, American Landscapes 2016
Introducing American Landscapes:
MFA (Maryland Federation of Art) invites all artists residing in the United States, Puerto Rico, Canada and Mexico to enter its 17th annual American Landscapes competition. Any original 2-D or 3-D work depicting a landscape from one of the Americas* and following entry guidelines, will be considered. The selected works will be on exhibit at MFA’s Circle Gallery from August 10 through September 9, 2017. Scenes from the Americas
*The Americas: North America, Hawaii, Central America, Caribbean and South America
An artist, educator, and author, Al Gury is Chairman of the Painting Department at the Pennsylvania Academy of the Fine Arts. He received his BA from Saint Louis University, a four-year Certificate from the Pennsylvania Academy of the Fine Arts, and an MFA from the University of Delaware. Al’s work has been exhibited at the National Academy of Design in New York, the Philadelphia Museum of Art, the National Capitol in Washington D.C., and other venues across the country. Al is also a contributing editor for Per Contra, an international journal of arts, literature and ideas; a contributor to a variety of publications internationally; and the author of three books: Foundations of Drawing, 2017, Color: It’s History and Practice in Painting, 2011 and Alla Prima, 2009. He is a recipient of the Cresson Traveling Fellowship and numerous grants and awards for painting and arts education, and was designated a master teacher by both The University of the Arts in Philadelphia as well as American Artist Magazine.
Terms of Entry
All entries must adhere to MFA general guidelines as well as the terms of entry specific to the exhibit as listed below.
When entering the exhibition you will be asked to accept the Terms of Entry. Any entry that does not follow Terms of Entry and General Guidelines will be subject to rejection regardless of the Juror’s decision.
- A maximum of 6 original works created within the past 3 years may be entered.
- Works previously exhibited in a juried show at Circle Gallery are not eligible.
- Works may not exceed 72 inches in width, height or depth, including the frame, unless otherwise specified for a particular exhibit.
- All work must be visibly signed by artist (front or back) and include edition numbers (1/1, 2/50, e.g.) for hand-pulled prints. Works must be priced for sale or marked POR (price on request).
Cash awards total $1000. Award contributors and recipients will be listed in the exhibition catalog.
Entries and Submission Fees
- Entries must be submitted online.
- Entry fees are $35 (MFA members, $20) for one or two entries and $5 each for up to four additional entries. Entry fees are non-refundable.
- To enter online, you will need an MFA account that includes an email address and a password. There is no charge to create an MFA account.
- Submit one JPEG image per piece entered, or as allowed. To provide the best image for juror set pixel dimension to around 2000 pixels on the longest side. File size may be no more than 2 MB.
- Images of accepted works may be used at the sole discretion of MFA for promotional purposes including but not limited to the invitation, catalog, web site or on a subsequent year’s prospectus. Image will include attribution whenever possible.
April 13 Online entry open for submissions
June 13 Deadline for entries
July 9 Notifications are sent by email. contact MFA if you do not receive notice.
July 29 – August 4 Shipped work and hand-delivered work must arrive at circle Gallery, 18 State circle, Annapolis MD, 21401
August 10 11-5 p.m. First day of exhibition.
August 17 Reception 3-5pm during ArtWalk, awards presented at 4pm
September 10 & 11 11 a.m. – 5 p.m. Pick up hand-delivered work. No early pickup. There is a $10 fine for late pickup.
By September 12 Shipped work will be sent.
All entrants will receive notice by email. The notice to accepted artists will include specific details and could vary from prospectus. A list of accepted artists and artwork will also be posted on MFA’s website. Please set your email account to recognize this address: email@example.com. Contact gallery if you do not receive notice.