Brandon C. Smith, Leaching #1, Oil on Canvas, Flora or Fauna 2016
Introducing Flora or Fauna:
MFA (Maryland Federation of Art) invites all artists residing in the United States, Puerto Rico, Canada and Mexico to enter its 2nd annual Flora or Fauna competition. Any original fine art 2-D artwork depicting the broad range of animal and plant life are the possibilities for juror consideration. Works selected will be on exhibit at Annapolis Maritime Museum, 723 2nd Street, Annapolis, Maryland from May 25 to July 8, 2017. The exhibition chair is Evelyne Albanese.
Rebecca Bafford is a ceramics sculptor and an Associate Professor of Art at Howard Community College where she has been the Gallery Director for the past 11 years and currently runs the Ceramics Program. Previously, she was the Director of the Columbia Art Center. She received her MFA in ceramics from The George Washington University and her BA in Art and English from James Madison University. She has juried and curated countless exhibitions over the past 25 years and has moderated panels that discuss the jurying process both locally and nationally.
Terms of Entry
All entries must adhere to MFA general guidelines as well as the terms of entry specific to the exhibit as listed below.
When entering the exhibition you will be asked to accept the Terms of Entry. Any entry that does not follow Terms of Entry and General Guidelines will be subject to rejection regardless of the Juror’s decision.
- A maximum of 6 original works created within the past 3 years may be entered.
- Works previously exhibited in a juried show at Circle Gallery are not eligible.
- Works may not exceed 44 inches in width, height or depth, including the frame, unless otherwise specified for a particular exhibit.
- All work must be visibly signed by artist (front or back) and include edition numbers (1/1, 2/50, e.g.) for hand-pulled prints. Works must be priced for sale or marked POR (price on request).
Cash awards total $1000. Award contributors and recipients will be listed in the exhibition catalog.
Entries and Submission Fees
- Entries must be submitted online.
- Entry fees are $35 (MFA members, $20) for one or two entries and $5 each for up to four additional entries. Entry fees are non-refundable.
- To enter online, you will need an MFA account that includes an email address and a password. There is no charge to create an MFA account.
- Submit one JPEG image per piece entered, or as allowed. To provide the best image for juror set pixel dimension to around 2000 pixels on the longest side. File size may be no more than 2 MB.
- Images of accepted works may be used at the sole discretion of MFA for promotional purposes including but not limited to the invitation, catalog, web site or on a subsequent year’s prospectus. Image will include attribution whenever possible.
Feb 7 On-line entry open for submissions
April 4 Deadline for entries
April 20 Notifications are sent by email. contact MFA if you do not receive notice.
May 17-21 Shipped work and hand-delivered work must arrive at Annapolis Maritime Museum, 723 2nd Street, Annapolis MD, 21403
May 25 11-5 p.m. First day of exhibition.
April 18 3-5 p.m. Reception at Annapolis Maritime Museum. Awards presented at 4:00 p.m.
July 9 Pick up hand-delivered work. No early pick up. There is no on-site storage space. A $40 fine is imposed for late picked up.
By July 10 Shipped work will be sent.
All entrants will receive notice by email. The notice to accepted artists will include specific details and could vary from prospectus. A list of accepted artists and artwork will also be posted on MFA’s website. Please set your email account to recognize this address: email@example.com. Contact gallery if you do not receive notice.