Allen Gene Hirsh, Mrs. Hibiscus is Ready for Church, Mathematically transformed image on ultra premium photo paper, Winter Member Show 2017
Introducing MFA @ Gallery B:
The Maryland Federation of Art (MFA) invites all MFA members residing in the United States, Puerto Rico, Canada and Mexico to enter it’s MFA @ Gallery B exhibition. Any original 2-D or 3-D work following entry guidelines will be considered. The selected works will be on exhibit at Gallery B in Bethesda from March 29 through April 29, 2017.
Terms of Entry
Before entering the exhibition you will be asked to accept the Terms of Entry. By accepting the Terms of Entry you will be responsible for adhering to them and all entries that do not cooperate with the Terms of Entry will be subject to rejection regardless of the Juror’s decision.
Please note that all exhibitions have specific Terms of Entry. All entries must adhere to MFA general guidelines as well as the terms of entry specific to the exhibit as listed below.
- A maximum of 6 original works created within the past 3 years may be entered.
- Works previously exhibited in a juried show at Gallery B are not eligible.
- 2-D works may not exceed 24 inches in width or height, including the frame.
- 3-D works may not exceed 24 inches in height or 24 inches in width and depth.
- All work must be signed by the artist and all photographs and hand-pulled prints must be numbered.
Cash awards total $1000. Award contributors and recipients will be listed in the exhibition catalog.
Entries and Submission Fees
- Entries must be submitted online.
- Member entry fees are $20 for one or two entries and $5 each for up to four additional entries. Nonmember fee includes $70 Membership Fee. Entry fees are non-refundable.
- To enter online, you will need an MFA account that includes an email address and a password. There is no charge to create an MFA account
- Images must be in JPEG files less than 2MB with the recommended longest pixel dimension between 1600 and 2000 pixels (maximum).
- Images of accepted works may be used at the sole discretion of MFA for promotional purposes including but not limited to the invitation, catalog, web site or on a subsequent year’s prospectus. Image will include attribution whenever possible.
Open for Entry: December 27
Deadline: February 7
Notification: March 2
Receiving (shipped work) to Circle Gallery: March 22- 24
Receiving (hand delivered) to Gallery B: March 26 – 27
First Day of Exhibition: March 29
Reception: April 14 6-8pm
Pick-up: April 30
All entrants will receive notice by email. The notice to accepted artists will include specific details and could vary from prospectus. A list of accepted artists and artwork will also be posted on MFA’s website. Please set your email account to recognize this address: email@example.com. Contact gallery if you do not receive notice.
Shipping instructions will be included with notification.