Cindy Mehr, House Cleaning, oil on canvas
Introducing Lowe House Gallery Exhibition:
The Maryland Federation of Art (MFA) has been invited to exhibit artwork at the Lowe House of Delegates Building in Annapolis, Maryland. Original 2-D and 3-D work created through any media and following entry guidelines, are eligible for entry. Exhibiting artists must be either MFA Members or Anne Arundel County residents. The selected works will be on exhibit at the Lowe House of Delegates Building (6 Bladen Street, Annapolis, MD 21401) tentatively from January 10 – April 9, 2018, when the legislature is in session.
Teddy Johnson is the Gallery Director at Anne Arundel Community College’s John A. Cade Center for Fine Arts Gallery.
Terms of Entry
All entries must adhere to MFA general guidelines as well as the terms of entry specific to the exhibit as listed below.
When entering the exhibition you will be asked to accept the Terms of Entry. Any entry that does not follow Terms of Entry and General Guidelines will be subject to rejection regardless of the Juror’s decision.
- A maximum of 6 original works created within the past 3 years may be entered.
- Works previously exhibited in a juried show at Circle Gallery are not eligible.
- Works may not exceed 48 inches in width, height or depth, including the frame, unless otherwise specified for a particular exhibit.
- All work must be visibly signed by artist (front or back) and include edition numbers (1/1, 2/50, e.g.) for hand-pulled prints. Works must be priced for sale or marked POR (price on request).
Cash awards total $500. Award contributors and recipients will be listed in the exhibition catalog.
Entries and Submission Fees
- Entries must be submitted online.
- Entry fees are $35 (MFA members, $20) for one or two entries and $5 each for up to four additional entries. Entry fees are non-refundable.
- To enter online, you will need an MFA account that includes an email address and a password. There is no charge to create an MFA account.
- Submit one JPEG image per piece entered, or as allowed. To provide the best image for juror set pixel dimension to around 2000 pixels on the longest side. File size may be no more than 2 MB.
- Images of accepted works may be used at the sole discretion of MFA for promotional purposes including but not limited to the invitation, catalog, web site or on a subsequent year’s prospectus. Image will include attribution whenever possible.
*Exhibition dates TBA, pending Maryland General Assembly schedule
Oct. 28 On-line entry open for submissions
Dec. 1 Deadline for entries
Dec. 14 Notifications are sent by email. contact MFA if you do not receive notice.
All entrants will receive notice by email. The notice to accepted artists will include specific details and could vary from prospectus. A list of accepted artists and artwork will also be posted on MFA’s website. Please set your email account to recognize this address: email@example.com. Contact gallery if you do not receive notice.