Dean Peterson, About Clouds, Archival Pigment Print
Introducing the Spring Member Show:
MFA (Maryland Federation of Art) invites all MFA members residing in the United States, Puerto Rico, Canada, and Mexico to enter the 2017 Spring Member Show. Any original 2-D or 3-D work will be considered. Works selected will be on exhibit in the MFA Circle Gallery, 18 State Circle, Annapolis, Maryland from May 4 to May 26, 2017.
Robert Yi, Director George Washington University’s Corcoran Arts Program.
Robert Yi was born in Seoul, South Korea and immigrated to the United States at the age of four. He received his MFA from American University, was graduated from the University of Virginia with BA in Foreign Affairs and the Corcoran College of Art & Design with a BFA. He received a residency to the New York Studio Residency Program and the Glogauair Artist in Residence program in Berlin, Germany. He is the recipient of the A.H.O. Roll Prize in Fine Arts and the Mae W. Jurow Scholarship. Robert has exhibited in group shows at the Corcoran Gallery of Art and the Civilian Art Projects in Washington, DC, Accademia di Belle Arti di Brera in Milan, Italy, AICAD NYSRP in New York City, and at the Metropolitan Art Project in the City of Fairfax, VA. Robert’s work has been reviewed in The Washington Post and Voice of America.
Terms of Entry
All entries must adhere to MFA general guidelines as well as the terms of entry specific to the exhibit as listed below.
When entering the exhibition you will be asked to accept the Terms of Entry. Any entry that does not follow Terms of Entry and General Guidelines will be subject to rejection regardless of the Juror’s decision.
- A maximum of 3 original works created within the past 3 years may be entered.
- Works previously exhibited in a juried show at Circle Gallery are not eligible.
- Works may not exceed 72 inches in width, height or depth, including the frame, unless otherwise specified for a particular exhibit.
- All work must be visibly signed by artist (front or back) and include edition numbers (1/1, 2/50, e.g.) for hand-pulled prints. Works must be priced for sale or marked POR (price on request).
Cash awards total $1000. Award contributors and recipients will be listed in the exhibition catalog.
Entries and Submission Fees
- Entries must be submitted online.
- Entry fees are $15 for one entry and $5 each for up to 2 additional entries. Entry fees are non-refundable.
- To enter online, you will need an MFA account that includes an email address and a password. There is no charge to create an MFA account.
- Submit one JPEG image per piece entered, or as allowed. To provide the best image for juror set pixel dimension to around 2000 pixels on the longest side. File size may be no more than 2 MB.
- Images of accepted works may be used at the sole discretion of MFA for promotional purposes including but not limited to the invitation, catalog, web site or on a subsequent year’s prospectus. Image will include attribution whenever possible.
Feb 21 On-line entry open for submissions
March 22 Deadline for entries
April 6 Notifications are sent by email. Contact MFA if you do not receive notice.
April 26-30 Shipped work and hand-delivered work must arrive at Circle Gallery, 18 State circle, Annapolis MD, 21401
May 4 11-5 p.m. First day of exhibition.
May 7 3-5 p.m. Reception at Circle Gallery. Awards presented at 4:00 p.m.
May 27 & 28 11 a.m. – 5 p.m. Pick up hand-delivered work. No early pick up. There is a $10 fine for late pickup.
By May 3 Shipped work will be sent.
All entrants will receive notice by email. The notice to accepted artists will include specific details and could vary from prospectus. A list of accepted artists and artwork will also be posted on MFA’s website. Please set your email account to recognize this address: email@example.com. Contact gallery if you do not receive notice.