Alex Tolstoy, Lavender Fields, watercolor, Global Landscapes 2016
Introducing Global Perspectives:
Crossing the mountains and plains of America to the streets of Paris, to the waterways of Mekong Delta, to the Arabian Peninsula sand dunes—the environment of a certain locale prompts instinctive responses to the human condition. What prompts interest is the different surroundings in which people work and play. MFA (Maryland Federation of Art) seeks diverse and creative reactions to the different landscapes, streetscapes, cities, towns, jungles, deserts, beaches and more which influence people around the globe. Following entry guidelines, any original 2-D or 3-D work of fine art entry is eligible for MFA’s international online only exhibition of Global Perspectives. The selected artworks will be displayed on MFA’s viewing gallery from August 10 through September 21, 2017.
Rahel Joseph is Gallery Director of ILHAM.
Terms of Entry
All entries must adhere to MFA general guidelines as well as the terms of entry specific to the exhibit as listed below.
When entering the exhibition you will be asked to accept the Terms of Entry. Any entry that does not follow Terms of Entry and General Guidelines will be subject to rejection regardless of the Juror’s decision.
- A maximum of 6 original works created within the past 3 years may be entered.
- Works previously exhibited in a juried show at Circle Gallery are not eligible.
- Works may not exceed 72 inches in width, height or depth, including the frame, unless otherwise specified for a particular exhibit.
- All work must be visibly signed by artist (front or back) and include edition numbers (1/1, 2/50, e.g.) for hand-pulled prints. Works must be priced for sale or marked POR (price on request).
Cash awards total $1000. Award contributors and recipients will be listed in the exhibition catalog.
Entries and Submission Fees
- Entries must be submitted online.
- Entry fees are $35 (MFA members, $20) for one or two entries and $5 each for up to four additional entries. Entry fees are non-refundable.
- To enter online, you will need an MFA account that includes an email address and a password. There is no charge to create an MFA account.
- Submit one JPEG image per piece entered, or as allowed. To provide the best image for juror set pixel dimension to around 2000 pixels on the longest side. File size may be no more than 2 MB.
- Images of accepted works may be used at the sole discretion of MFA for promotional purposes including but not limited to the invitation, catalog, web site or on a subsequent year’s prospectus. Image will include attribution whenever possible.
June 8 Online entry opens for submissions.
July 11 Deadline for entries.
July 27 All entrants are notified by email. Check the website if you do not receive notice.
Aug. 10 – Sept. 21 Curve Gallery is open for viewing.
All entrants will receive notice by email. The notice to accepted artists will include specific details and could vary from prospectus. A list of accepted artists and artwork will also be posted on MFA’s website. Please set your email account to recognize this address: firstname.lastname@example.org. Contact gallery if you do not receive notice.