Holley Gallery Guidelines
The Maryland Federation of Art (MFA) reserves the right to refuse artwork not meeting standard exhibition guidelines. Please call Circle Gallery for submissions schedule.
Guidelines for MFA member two-week solo exhibitions:
Application fee is $10 non-refundable. Exhibition fee is $250 per two-week exhibition and $300 for three weeks (depending on availability)
The application is a two-step process:
1. For preliminary review of materials by the Exhibitions Committee email four or five images and an artists statement to email@example.com.
2. Each application must include the following:
- A listing of artistic highlights and a brief statement saying why you want an exhibition, and what type of exhibition you are planning. Be specific about what type of work you wish to show. -Is there a theme or particular focus such as landscapes or still life? The gallery space is small; please consider the greater impact of a focused, well presented body of work.
- A minimum of 5 digital images representative of work you intend to exhibit. Digital images must be in good quality jpeg format. Three-dimensional artists shall present a minimum of two, preferably three views of each work. lower left side to indicate bottom of image.
3. The committee will make provisional acceptances based upon the above submissions. On scheduled dates, artists who receive provisional acceptance must bring 3 examples or more of their actual work to the gallery or other location for final review of the work, which must be framed and/or matted when appropriate to the work. Accepted artists will be offered available dates.
An exhibition timeline will be provided to the artist.
- Prior to installation, artists are required to submit title and price information to the gallery for the printing of the wall tags and price list. Artists shall be responsible for the installation of artwork on specified date(s) and times, and for any patching, paint touch-up required for display areas prior to opening date (materials will be provided). Artists may request assistance with installation. Artwork must be for sale unless prior agreement is made.
- MFA will publicize the exhibit as it normally does with press releases and on its web site. If a postcard invitation or email announcement is desired, they must be coordinated in a timely way with the Gallery Administrator. Postcard costs are the responsibility of the artist. The gallery will provide signage directing visitors’ attention to your exhibit
- Receptions (food, drink, set up, clean up) are the responsibility of the artist and shall be coordinated with the gallery during normal hours.
- On final day of exhibition, artists shall be responsible for prompt removal of their work and installation materials; patching and paint touch up shall be completed before leaving.