See what MFA Members are doing in other locations to make the world more creative. MFA is highlighting Members’ event and exhibitions on our Blog so the world can follow us. Subscribe to the blog by entering your email in the right sidebar. Check back on a weekly basis for new exciting art events
MFA Member Richard Weiblinger
Richard is participating in the following exhibitions:
- Richard Paul Weiblinger was selected to have two of his pieces included in “The Guild: A Celebration of Artistic Expression”; a juried invitational Exhibition at the Maryland State House; Maryland House of Delegates, Lowe House Office Building, Annapolis, MD January 14 thru April 13, 2015. Reception on February 10, 2015 from 3-5 PM.
- a solo invitational Exhibition of twenty of his images at the Washington Artworks Gallery in Rockville, MD January 16 thru March 16, 2015. Reception on March 6, 2015 from 6-8 PM.
- the 24th Annual Strathmore Artists Juried Exhibition “What’s On Your Mind” at the Strathmore Mansion Gallery January 10 thru March 1, 2015.
MFA Member Dick Schneier
Dick is currently exhibiting work in City Hall, Alexandria VA as part of an exhibit with The Art League.
MFA Member Vince Lupo
Vince Lupo has an exhibition of photography in the Balcony Gallery at Maryland Hall for the Creative Arts that will run from Jan 12 – Feb 21.
MFA Member: Mary Ellen Geissenhainer Mary Ellen has three pieces accepted into the colored-pencil artwork show exhibiting at the Barry Gallery at the Reinsch Library at Marymount University through March 5.
MFA Member: Anne Buffington
MFA Member: DH Banker
MFA Member: Keith Wilkie Keith Wilkie’s solo show “Coastal Therapy” will include 27 of his 2014 paintings of coastal scenes at Gallery Underground in Crystal City, VA, February 2-February 28, 2015 with an opening reception on Friday February 6th from 5pm to 8pm.
MFA Member: Wil Scott Wil Scott’s photograph was one of only 18 photographs on the theme of “Contemplation” accepted for exhibition at PH21 Gallery in Budapest, Hungary.
Art @ the Park 2015 , the 25th annual Friends of Quiet Waters Park arts festival, will take place at Quiet Waters Park in Annapolis, MD Oct. 17-18, 2015 from 10am-5pm each day. Applications for this juried exhibition are NOW OPEN and CLOSE Saturday April 4, 2015 (late application through 4/11 with $10 late fee.) Apply online at Juried Art Services (under Art@the Park 2015 – Quiet Waters Park). The application fee is $25. Booth prices range from $100-$200. For more information: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Calling all foodies and artist. The theme of the Capitol Hill Art League’s annual open call show this year Food for Thought. This show is open to all DC Metro artist and the deadline for entry is midnight, February 10th. Bonny Wolf, of NPR’s weekend edition is the juror. For more information go to: http://www.caphillartleague.org/?cat=2
The Cambridge Art Association is pleased to announce it’s upcoming exhibition, Photography NOW! A national photography show juried by Stephen Tourlentes. Details
Bethesda Urban Partnership announces the Bethesda Painting Awards
Deadline: February 13
- Each artist must submit five images, application and a non-refundable entry fee of $25.
- Eligibility Artists must be 18 years of age or older and permanent, full-time residents of Maryland, Virginia or Washington, D.C.
Best in Show: $10,000
Second Place: $2,000
Third Place: $1,000
Young Artist: $1,000
- Information at www.bethesda.org
The Mitchell Gallery at St. John’s is hosting a juried exhibition for artists throughout Anne Arundel County titled “Image and Imagination”. For more info click here.
Mount Gretna Outdoor Art Show is looking for 260 fine artists and craft persons for the Pennsylvania event for the weekend of August 15 and 16th. The jury fee is $25 and booth fees range from $360-$720. There are $2500 in cash awards and the deadline for submission is April 1, 2015. For more info on submission click here. For the full prospectus, click here.
Are you an MFA artist member? Promote yourself! If you have exhibits or events you’d like to share with our members and blog readership, email the what, when, and where of your event, and an image to: email@example.com.