UPDATE: **See Updated Reception Date below**
Su Anne Martinez of West Annapolis ArtWorks is an MFA member, and she has an opportunity for MFA artists. This is an open call for artists to submit work for the upcoming exhibit at West Annapolis Artworks & Fine Framing:
“The Art of the Forest”
“Trees are poems that earth writes upon the sky…”
– Kahlil Gibran –
In today’s world of rushing from here to there, making appointments, emailing, texting and eating on the run, we don’t always take the time to catch our breath. A walk amongst the trees can be a sharp and welcome contrast; the poetry of timeless nature provides a renewed perspective, and can help us become grounded and rejuvenated. The beauty of trees – all kinds, in every season — can wash away the distractions, take us outside ourselves and remind us of what is truly important and grand.
Artists are invited to submit works for consideration that include or suggest the poetry of trees.
Exhibit Dates: October 2 – November 8
Opening Reception: Thursday, October 16, 5 p.m. to 8 p.m.
West Annapolis Artworks & Fine Framing
4 Annapolis St., Annapolis, MD 21401
- Drop off at West Annapolis Artworks September 19 and 20
- No entry fee
- A maximum of five pieces per artist
- Work will be reviewed in person
- Original works, any media; must represent or be suggestive of the theme
- All work must be signed, ready to hang, professionally framed and matted
- Each piece must have a sticker or tag on the back with:
- Artist name
- Title of work
- Gallery curators will select the work to be included in the exhibit
- Artists will be notified on September 23.
- Pick up of work that is not accepted will be September 24 & 25.
- This is a curated exhibit (not an award-based competition).
- Artists receive 60% of purchase price for all sales.
Additional: Selected Artists may also bring bin art that is in plastic sleeves.
Please let us know if you are interested by contacting Patrice Drago at firstname.lastname@example.org.